For Sale 1979 Chrysler LeBaron Wagon - $3,500 - Kitsap, Wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 15 hours old.
also nice..

1979 Chrysler LeBaron Wagon - $3,500 - Kitsap, Washington

CL Description
1979 Chrysler LeBaron station wagon,very rare slant six with factory four speed transmission. motor has been rebuilt,added two barrel carburetor,body is in great shape with powder coated wheels.just needs a little tlc to make it a great driver.You don’t see many of these molar wagons on the road.It would be a nice addition to anybody’s collection.$3500.00 not into texting,don’t need help selling.3sixo 649 o247

00505_98kcWRwQujUz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg
00V0V_kb1BP6zyATHz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg
00z0z_b11BlvX79qWz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg
01414_ia1GOEdoKvOz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

These wagons have had a L-O-W survival rate. My '79 Dip wagon (slightly downmarket twin to this one) is a veritable unicorn...…… first one (M-body T&C wagon) I have seen without dynoc………. that and the slant six make this a rare bird indeed. Not as fast as the 318, but probably still decent with the 4-speed. Hope it finds a good home...….

DiplomatHillwood.jpg

Last edited:
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 15 hours old.
also nice..

1979 Chrysler LeBaron Wagon - $3,500 - Kitsap, Washington

CL Description
1979 Chrysler LeBaron station wagon,very rare slant six with factory four speed transmission. motor has been rebuilt,added two barrel carburetor,body is in great shape with powder coated wheels.just needs a little tlc to make it a great driver.You don’t see many of these molar wagons on the road.It would be a nice addition to anybody’s collection.$3500.00 not into texting,don’t need help selling.3sixo 649 o247

View attachment 426204 View attachment 426202 View attachment 426203 View attachment 426205

I suspect this is a pretty low-option car. The 4spdOD trans was standard with the /6 1-bbl, but if it had the /6 2-bbl, TF was standard. Gearing for the 4spdOD is 3.09/1.67/1.00/0.71 with a 3.2 rear axle ratio. Curb weight, according to the Dealer Order Guide (www.hamtramk-historical.com) is 3640lbs for the wagon with TF. FWIW

Looks like an interesting car to run around in, that has had some small upgrades to make it better.

I'm not sure if these wagons had a low survival rate, they didn't sell that many (as the B-body wagons might have taken some of the small wagon market, back then), or combinations thereof. I suspect there were more LeBaron wagons than others, as the whole woodgrain/luxury orientation might have sold better to Chrysler customers wanting to downsize a bit and still be classy. White-face gauges and all of that stuff, back then. But IF you knew how to work the order guide options, some interesting cars could have been created.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Upgradez? I've got an intake for that puppy in my stash that holds THREE SIDE DRAFT WEBERS. Think that'll wake that little Long Roof up? Damn, Too bad they're ain't no room in the driveway, Jer

Chrysler Hyper-Pack headers, too? A 3.91 gear?

Chrysler Hyper-Pack headers, too? A 3.91 gear?
I don't think the Hyper Pack headers would fit with the 3 Webers hangin' on it, but Dutra Duals would and Clifford in SoCal has the all Doug Dutra's Patton rights now. Hey, Clifford haz all the linkage to make those Weber's come alive too. HUMMMM?
If it was on the east coast, I'd buy it. Dig the red wagon as well!
FWIW
If it was on the east coast, I'd buy it. Dig the red wagon as well!
FWIW My65cuda. 4 yearz ago I bought an '87 LeBaron GTC TI Coupe in Anaheim, Ca. with 68,xxx on the odometer and had it shipped to Wilmington, N.C. Cost me $1140 and had it sitting in my driveway in 9 dayz. How much farther iz it from Seattle to Wilmington??? OH THE DESEASE, lol. Jer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back