1979 MAGNUM GT

dale burdette

Reaction score
Working on a 79 Magnum GT, you can hear noise from the wiper system but their not moving. Do I need bushings or what is the common fix?

You can buy the bushings at Clips and Fasteners for about $15 a box of 25. More than you will ever need so give some to mopar friends and be a hero.

Oh, and post some pictures. Not a C body but some Magnum fans on here especially a rare 79 GT.

Oh no you too. Up until last Saturday my wippers were working on my 81 Imperial.

I wouldn't mind seeing some photos of your Imperial as well! Beautiful cars IMO and while technically they too are not C bodies, they are close enough to classify as such for me anyway.

Working on a 79 Magnum GT, you can hear noise from the wiper system but their not moving. Do I need bushings or what is the common fix?
I have a linkage for if it turns out you have a broken one, but yea most likely the plastic bushing. I have found it easier to remove the assembly & install the bushings on a work bench. Then install on the car. Still a PITA

The '79 Cordoba I bought in 1997 had the same issue. At that time I was able to buy the parts at the local Chrysler Dealer; doubt that can happen today, so I am glad you have been given suggestions. Good luck!

I am not sure if it is the same part, but for 1977 it is Dorman Part 49440 which is available at Advance. The job took about 2 hours total for my dad and I.

Believe me it is not an easy thing to do in the car. I replaced the cam in my 79 300 last year. Take the whole assembly out of the car and put it on a table where you can massage all the parts together. I contacted Murray several times for his replacement parts but got no answer so ended up buying the ebay version. You will need a vice or a press to press the cam onto the stud. grease it well. The dorman parts everyone talks about are for only the hinge points and not the cam. I wish I would have taken pictures but I was too pissed off after trying to assemble it on the cat for 3 hours.....

I wish I would have taken pictures but I was too pissed off after trying to assemble it on the cat for 3 hours.....

Maybe things would have gone smoother if you tried assembling it on the car instead of your cat?

I can see why that would cause quite a few problems. :poke:

Jeff

I am not sure if it is the same part, but for 1977 it is Dorman Part 49440 which is available at Advance. The job took about 2 hours total for my dad and I.

not the same part, you couldnt get intermittent wipers in 77, its a 78on thing

O.K. Dale, I will start out with a picture of my '79 Dodge Magnum GT.....now your picture.
100_0506.JPG

Back