Not open for further replies.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine.

Seller Desciption:

"Very Solid and Original 1980 Dodge Aspen Station Wagon Featuring 318 V8, Automatic, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Roof Rack and Original Beige Paint.

There is some minor surface rust on the driver's side door but no body rot. Floorboards and all underbody surfaces have surface rust but no rust thru.

The tan interior is nearly perfect and the car has good tires and a new battery. Runs and drives very well. Car has what is believed to be 86,056 original miles! NO RESERVE!!"

Just stumbled across it and posted here because of the FMJ fans we have here. Seems like a decent car - V8, AC, etc - and this was last year of the F platform.

Price? Dunno how desirable F-body wagons are vs. the B or C body wagon contemporaries (even the M's).

Seller's auction strategy aside, price doesn't seem outta line to me if I were a buyer and everything checked out on this one.

Anyway, neat old rig. :)

source: 1980 Dodge Aspen Station Wagon | eBay

00-1-3-000.jpg
00-1-3-00.jpg
00-1-3.jpg
00-1-3-0.jpg
00-1-3-1.jpg
00-1-3-2.jpg
00-1-4.jpg
00-1-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit. If it's like this on the upper side, then... :(

s-l1600.jpg

Not a big deal on a desireable car but on something like this? I don't know if I would spend the money.

Dammit. If it's like this on the upper side, then... :(

View attachment 148115

Not a big deal on a desireable car but on something like this? I don't know if I would spend the money.

yeah, i hear ya and agree.

could be "nothin", but ya gotta assume it could be "somethin" until proven otherwise.

seller says "surface scale" underside, but doesnt show pics. absent a confirmation .. my point on if it "checks out" .. could be a red flag.

serious buyers will surely inquire. :)

I see it "as is" 'cept I have a 408 stroker/727 with shift kit/3.55 sure-grip in the warehouse. body color the steelies, 80's cop version of the dog dishes, and some big meats. :)

no other mods, so it could easily go back to the way it was born after i had some fun with it.

Gotta say the way that rear bumper was integrated with the back end, or not, sure makes for one ugly posterior.

Here's how I see it.. Pass entirely because it looks like something the state purchased to transport "youth offenders" to the dentist. I actually wouldn't fear the rust... they were using a lot of galvanized metal by 1980 which is why you didn't see a lot of M-body rot buckets.

But if I were going to keep one of those around with a worked SB drivetrain, I'd damn sure start with something classier.

784x-.jpg

784x-.jpg

784x-.jpg

Btw, I actually did own one of these (black with gold) and I really liked it. With the windows all tinted out, wire wheels and pretty realistic "wood" I felt like I was driving a snooty wine barrel.

Nice M!

I got ya on a classier build. Done that with other cars .. there's a thread here where I put my "Mark Vader" ('76 Lincoln Mark IV. "Black Diamond, 514 stroker).

I also like the most unassuming, pedestrian, NO-frills (not rat roddy tho) Plain Jane/Jack car I can find and and make the proverbial "sleeper" ala:

1965 Dodge Coronet 440 Wagon!600 Horsepower Sleeper!WOW! Nice! Mopar Chrysler 65
00-1-3-000.jpg

Hemi Belvidere (this one is real): 1966 Plymouth Hemi Belvedere I | F57 | Monterey 2016 | Mecum Auctions
00-1-3-00.jpg

1968 DODGE DART GT 440 BIG BLOCK SLEEPER! MR. NORM GRAND SPAULDING STYLE MOPAR! for sale: photos, technical specifications, description
00-1-3-0.jpg

Nice M!

I got ya on a classier build. Done that with other cars .. there's a thread here where I put my "Mark Vader" ('76 Lincoln Mark IV. "Black Diamond, 514 stroker).

I also like the most unassuming, pedestrian, NO-frills (not rat roddy tho) Plain Jane/Jack car I can find and and make the proverbial "sleeper" ala:

1965 Dodge Coronet 440 Wagon!600 Horsepower Sleeper!WOW! Nice! Mopar Chrysler 65View attachment 148132

Hemi Belvidere (this one is real): 1966 Plymouth Hemi Belvedere I | F57 | Monterey 2016 | Mecum Auctions
View attachment 148133

1968 DODGE DART GT 440 BIG BLOCK SLEEPER! MR. NORM GRAND SPAULDING STYLE MOPAR! for sale: photos, technical specifications, descriptionView attachment 148134

Yes, well I can understand with those types of muscle-era cars but we are talking about a 1980 Aspen. Besides, no one really looks at a poverty-wagon as a sleeper in 2017. You'd fool more folk with nicer seats and power windows. Neither one is nearly as heavy as a '60s B body, so I wouldn't sweat the extra weight. But...

Yes, well I can understand with those types of muscle-era cars but we are talking about a 1980 Aspen. Besides, no one really looks at a poverty-wagon as a sleeper in 2017. You'd fool more folk with nicer seats and power windows. Neither one is nearly as heavy as a '60s B body, so I wouldn't sweat the extra weight. But...

in 2017 i still like a Plain Jane/Jack, 60`s, or 70's or 80's (RWD only) cars wrapped around a kick-a** powertrain.

if the world has moved on, and nobody cares but me? Like Robbie and the girls said: "That's just the way it goes -THAT'S RIGHT!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back