For Sale 1981 Chrysler Imperial - $1700 (Ormond Beach Fl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Damn that is very tempting.
00404_5RdHjwvl0GT_1200x900.jpg

32,441 miles showing on digital dash and has spent its entire life in Central Florida. Runs, looks good, has rust on the truck lid otherwise an amazingly rust free vehicle. Under the car is clean, good floors, clean inside the engine compartment. The upholstery on the bottom of both front seats will need to be replaced. This has the factory Carb retrofit as indicated by the (*) in between the numbers on the Odometer. I have the original(not pictured) center-caps with the Imperial name set in the red Chrysler pentagon. This car is all there, you will not have to spend time and money hunting for obscure items. It has new front calipers and brake pads, new idler arm, front end, tie-rods,etc have been serviced and inspected for safe driving. Runs, drives, stops good, shifts good. A project car but a pretty easy one.

Classic, antique, project

$1700 Make an offer Text only, I can not return calls at all.
image 1 of 7
00404_5RdHjwvl0GT_600x450.jpg

Seems like it has been out in the sun a lot for those seats to be so torn up. You would probably do better to pay a little more for a nicer one, as these are not all that rare. I would take one of these models in general over a formal. With our revival in prosperity coming, you should get ahead of the curve!

As much as I like these cars (had an '82) for the condition of that one it is well overpriced. I am an advocate that who cares what you pay as long as YOU like it, I would not even waste my time with this one. As saforwardlook mentioned, pay more and look for a MUCH cleaner one. These cars do not bring hardly anything, even for very nice examples.

I don't believe the mileage claim.

He isn't really claiming the mileage at 32K since he says only that is what the cluster shows at this time. The real question is what did the cluster read before the recall of the EFI system to the carburetor system when they changed out the cluster as well as part of the recall.

He isn't really claiming the mileage at 32K since he says only that is what the cluster shows at this time. The real question is what did the cluster read before the recall of the EFI system to the carburetor system when they changed out the cluster as well as part of the recall.
Wasn't the dealerships that did the conversion to carburetor also supposed to place a sticker somewhere stating the odometer reading before the conversion?

Wasn't the dealerships that did the conversion to carburetor also supposed to place a sticker somewhere stating the odometer reading before the conversion?
Yes, it was supposed to be affixed to the driver side door jamb. If they are still in place I would assume most are probably illegible today as they were just marked with pens.

I've always liked that body style! I bet $1000 would get it Stan. Take it to the upholstery shop, dump another grand in the front seats and drive the daylights out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back