For Sale 1981 Chrysler Imperial Base - 35171 MILES - $6975 (North Hollywood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/4961296818.html

many pics -- follow link

00H0H_ixjGCBKIQ5m_600x450.jpg

00e0e_3lciE1XgyFy_600x450.jpg

1981 - Chrysler - Imperial - Base with 35,171 miles.
Stock #: 5483
VIN: 2A3BY62J4BR125665
It has a RWD Automatic Transmission with Black Exterior.
This local CA Coupe has a 5.2L V8 OHV 16V Engine.
1981 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL COUPE IS SUPER CLEAN DRIVES EXCELLENT. BLACK WITH RED LEATHER INTERIOR. AUTOMATIC HAS 35171 MILES. AC ORIGINAL AM-FM CASS MOON ROOF DIGITIAL DASH ALLOY WHEELS AND MORE. CALL VIC OR MARTIN AT 6000 VINELAND AVE., NO HOLLY., CA 91606 WWW.LAAUTOOUTLFET.COM
See at
Auto Outlet
6000 Vineland Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91606
Call us at 818-763-7700 to set up a test Drive or for more photos click the link below.

http://www.laautooutlet.com/1981-Ch...6745/5302458/Craigslist/18252104/Details.aspx
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Yah, I know they are a Mirada with a couple nightmares to deal with, but I want one.

Last edited:
Nice car. I would say a little high on the price but.......if it is as nice as the pics, look at what you get for the money. Love the black with red gut. Sold my '82 several years ago and keep thinking about getting another one. No such thing as performance with these cars but they are a fun cruiser. It is about an inch or so longer than my '65 Monaco, you would never think it by looking at it.

Love it, when I was a kid in the '70's I used to draw what I thought would be a cool-looking car, and these Imperials look like that.

Nothing said about the EFI conversion to carb. Accident waiting to happen or already fixed and too stupid to know? Or looking for some one who's stupid and doesn't know either?

I'd take one with an intact EFI system. In fact I had one as a daily back in the late 90s. You'd just better understand how it works and have a supply of spare parts because you sure aren't going to find a mechanic, or get a "spraybar" off the shelf at Autozone.

I'd bet most driveability issues by now are vacuum leaks. The system doent know how to deal with anything less than a perfectly sealed engine/intake tract.

Nothing said about the EFI conversion to carb. Accident waiting to happen or already fixed and too stupid to know? Or looking for some one who's stupid and doesn't know either?

If you look at the dash picture you will see an asterick between ODO and MI, that usually in most cases indicates that the car has been converted. As for the mileage, that is not correct if it has been converted. New dash assembly was part of the conversion and there is supposed to be a sticker on the driver side door jamb that recorded the original mileage at time of conversion. You would have to add that in to the mileage showing on the dash.

With NO interchange among the two. They really ARE a different car altogether.
How about an engine swap. Built 402 stroker...

Different? Well, this is how I see it. And if I ever need a windshield, I know what to really ask for.

Igceri4h.jpg

Two completely different cars as Patrick says... own one or the other and you'll see the difference

To be fair, there is technically no outer sheet metal interchange, even doors. Imperials used a thicker gauge steel... Not for any crash-related reason, but to achieve a higher level of fit/finish and to prevent in-system damage.

I actually have a (copy of the) cost/benefit analysis that shows this cost vs. New dunnage (plant storage racks) and heavier gauge metal. Ever notice how well-fit the trunk lids are with very little closing effort? It was determined to be more cost effective to allow extra labor time for fit than design an electric closer ala Ford/GM.

I dig the bustleback Sevilles, too! Both cars are really very understated and under-rated.

Every mafioso from Providence to Boston had to have one. Dealers couldn't keep them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back