1981 Imperial suspension parts.

Nick_M

Reaction score
I’m looking for absolutely everything for an 81 imperial. Tubular uppers, new torsion bars, upgrade drag links and bigger sway bar. What’s the year range on these parts? The 81 imperial shows up under F,M,J bodies. I thought they were C bodies?

For front suspension upgrades, look to the Dodge Diplomat police cars. Then find some HD shocks and the police car rear sway bar.

Are you seeking to fix worn items or otherwise?

Be advised, also, that although the exhaust system on the police V-8s had dual cat converters, the two sides of the complete system merged in front of the rear axle and the combined pipe (as in ONE larger pipe) went over the rear axle and into ONE single pipe outlet at the rear. The rear trunk pan is not configured for a pipe on the lh side of things.

Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

Last edited:
81 Imperial is a J body...same platform as the Cordoba and Mirada is hiding under the different sheetmetal. As mentioned look for F,M,J body suspension parts and you're there.

The last C body Imperial was 1975.

you can do a full dual exh on an 81-83 imp, i did it to mine.
i also put cop Dippy torsion bars in.
when you do a dual exhaust on a hunchback imp make sure you get a a longer rear brake hose and you will have to move the tank over - its easy to do, just loosen the the tank straps and reposition it

1671438107745.png

Back