For Sale 1982 Chrysler Cordoba, Black, Red Interior, 48,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not a fan of these but I know this car will appeal to many of you. You're welcome.

1982 Chrysler Cordoba | eBay

PicsArt_06-19-11.35.24.png

In my humble opinion, if one wanted one of these, I would wonder about your sincerity if you didn't hit the B. I. N. button because somebody else def. will.

Last edited:
If it was an 81 LS I would be very interested....oh right gotta have fins next:BangHead:

A lot of people did not that the Cordoba and Mirada used the same speedo as the 79 thru 81 R body police cars. Mine had a certified speedo in it. (And yes I did get it up there a couple of times).

2.20 gear ratio and no computer shut down and those damn 318s pull way more top end than I thought they would. I had a couple Miradas, Cordobas and a couple full size Fifth Avenues.

There is a youtube video of a Fifth Avenue outrunning a cop. The cop was right on his *** in the short runs, but he caught one longer stretch and that Chrysler was going, going... gone

I had an '84 Fifth, was a very nice car. Saw one in a movie I watched last night - Fathers and Daughters - they are still beautiful cars!

The only thing I ever found wrong with the Cordoba / Mirada, or Fifth Ave / Diplomat / Gran Fury cars was the bad habit of the fuel lines rusting out by the right rear wheel. Nobody wanted to make new lines at the time.

I made my own rails out of metal for the top of the door panels on my '82 Mirada CMX and covered them with padded vinyl.

The only other issue that I thought was on the cheesy side was the nylon park contraption on the wipers. Other than that I bought it when it was 6 years old, drove it over 100,000 miles in 8 years with just putting brakes, tires and a fuel pump on it. My girlfriend at that time finished it off by swerving because of a deer, ditching it and hitting a field approach.

The only other issue that I thought was on the cheesy side was the nylon park contraption on the wipers.
I had one fail on my '79 Cordoba. But in '97-'99 when I owned it I was able to get a new arm and nylon connector from the Dealer. Doubt that could be done today. Didn't have a problem with my Fifth.

The only constant problem I had with my Fifth was a failure of the vacuum system at high altitudes, and then the carb would just shut down! Never found out why. My AC would shut off, or the heater would turn to AC, and next thing I knew the car just did not want to run any faster that 15 MPH. This happened several times in Colorado, especially on the "Iron Mountain Road." IT was weird, not to say, embarrassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back