For Sale 1993 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 5,423 ORG. MILES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine
1993 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 5,423 ORG. MILES.
01111_kBT0WpumTZS_600x450.jpg

01515_h4xvyQLRwLH_600x450.jpg

00q0q_fYJuimazk7a_600x450.jpg

00707_eDacUSpRZtr_600x450.jpg

00M0M_6XAGswjSv67_600x450.jpg

00m0m_eVLnGW3FKXi_600x450.jpg

01111_czwJVgYbkk9_600x450.jpg

00F0F_3Nn5Cv4cPvl_600x450.jpg

00F0F_3Nn5Cv4cPvl_600x450.jpg

01212_g2q4eTqBAG5_600x450.jpg

00G0G_bbVwjEoQW96_600x450.jpg

00000_bEWs62jG0eE_600x450.jpg

00N0N_7XdYGc3hPuQ_600x450.jpg

5,423 Original miles. One lady owner.All original down to the tires. Last year made."SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY" "ONLY SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT"
. Make reasonable offer.

Jeezes, they certainly blinged the crap out of the Reliant before it finally died, thankfully.

00G0G_bbVwjEoQW96_1200x900.jpg

Front doors, cowl, and windshield interchange.
1986_plymouth_reliant_k__the_famous_k_car__by_milesprower1100-d4wx4bg.jpg

Had a '90 Imperial in Champagne for a number of years. My wife and I loved that car. Didn't handle great but road great, very comfortable and decent MPG with the 3.3L V6. The problem with these cars is that the anti-lock brake systems failed VERY frequently. I had the early Bosch set up and went through about one pump per year and the later Bendix systems were less reliable. Both used electric pumps for brake pressure so when the pump failed, you had NO brakes as whatever pressure left in the system depleted quickly. Nonetheless, I would love to have this Imperial - I love the color combo. If I ever had another, I would convert the brake system to a non-ABS system from a New Yorker or Dynasty, which involves a ton of work.

Nope, they blinged out a Dynasty. Funny thing is that the early '90's Imperials were also Y Body cars.
I consider the Dynasty a blinged out Aries/Reliant K.
There's no escaping that they are all K-cars.

Cars using the K platform and its variants

As stated above....LOVE the color! That car is friggin' clean. Not entirely my cup of tea but if space was not a concern I would offer $5K. Probably won't find one nicer and it looks to be one of the very last produced (8-92).

Sir, can I have a piece of humble pie?

You ate humble pie on the strength of a Wikipedia post? Sorry, but there is no interchange on those vehicles, only the commonality of a transverse FWD powertrain. By which logic, a Cadillac DeVille of the era = a Chevy Celebrity.

There are many things about those cars that don't work (and no ABS system leaves you without any brake pressure, I've owned the failed Maserati TC and Imp versions) but again, to judge fairly they must be viewed in the context of their era.

hqdefault.jpg

One thing the Imperial at least gave you was an engine that didn't melt itself into an aluminum ingot.

T
You ate humble pie on the strength of a Wikipedia post?
The fact that the list I posted is from Wiki has nothing to do with it, Carmine.
It is a fact that that each platform was an update from the previous platform with their Genisis being the Aries/Reliant.
I'm guessing that your working for Chrysler has you seeing the million updates as evolving into a different car. I drove a 91 Imp and my father's original Reliant. I will defend to my death they are the same car with the Imp having been bent, folded, and stretched from the first ones.

I wouldn't attempt to argue that the design philosophy was the same, much as you'd find commonality between an A-body through C-body... Longitudinal torsion bars, solid rear axle, steering gear box, rocker panels as outer frame rails, shared powertrains. Yet little (if any) interchange of sheetmetal, glass, trim or dimensional hard points.

While the actual dimensions were similar, by the time the platforms used the A suffix, there was nothing left of the K platform beyond a design philosophy. No hard points (cowl height/width) or shared suspension components. Again, a Chevy Celebrity used a tranverse mounted powertrain, struts and unit-body construction, but it didn't share a platform with the DeVille.

I'm not arguing the AY Imperial's business case, although I'm sure it did earn a profit while it damaged the brand; only the technical case.

You ate humble pie on the strength of a Wikipedia post? Sorry, but there is no interchange on those vehicles, only the commonality of a transverse FWD powertrain. By which logic, a Cadillac DeVille of the era = a Chevy Celebrity.
You mean they aren't the same??? :rofl:
Had a '90 Imperial in Champagne for a number of years. My wife and I loved that car. Didn't handle great but road great, very comfortable and decent MPG with the 3.3L V6. The problem with these cars is that the anti-lock brake systems failed VERY frequently. I had the early Bosch set up and went through about one pump per year and the later Bendix systems were less reliable. Both used electric pumps for brake pressure so when the pump failed, you had NO brakes as whatever pressure left in the system depleted quickly. Nonetheless, I would love to have this Imperial - I love the color combo. If I ever had another, I would convert the brake system to a non-ABS system from a New Yorker or Dynasty, which involves a ton of work.
No need to convert the brakes... they work good when they work and have a lifetime warranty on the pump problem... as far as I know they are still replacing them, we made a little $$ back in the day rebuilding them when the recall began.

1993 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL
"DEALERS WILL TEST THE VEHICLE'S ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM AND REPAIR THE VEHICLES IF NECESSARY. ALSO THE WARRANTY ON ALL ABS COMPONENTS WILL BE EXTENDED TO 10 YEARS OR 100,000 MILES (EXCEPT FOR THE BRAKE ACTUATOR PISTON ASSEMBLY AND THE PUMP-MOTOR ASSEMBLY WHICH WILL HAVE A LIFETIME COVERAGE). OWNERS WILL ALSO BE REIMBURSED FOR PREVIOUS ABS COMPONENT REPAIR COSTS."

An interesting system if you never noticed it... this attempt was a big hydraulic control unit with a softball sized accumulator on top and was installed in place of the booster. They used the HCU to provide boost pressure, and yes, when they failed... you had little to no stopping power. Only used for a few years on a few models, including some loaded minivans.

You mean they aren't the same??? :rofl:

No need to convert the brakes... they work good when they work and have a lifetime warranty on the pump problem... as far as I know they are still replacing them, we made a little $$ back in the day rebuilding them when the recall began.

1993 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL
"DEALERS WILL TEST THE VEHICLE'S ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM AND REPAIR THE VEHICLES IF NECESSARY. ALSO THE WARRANTY ON ALL ABS COMPONENTS WILL BE EXTENDED TO 10 YEARS OR 100,000 MILES (EXCEPT FOR THE BRAKE ACTUATOR PISTON ASSEMBLY AND THE PUMP-MOTOR ASSEMBLY WHICH WILL HAVE A LIFETIME COVERAGE). OWNERS WILL ALSO BE REIMBURSED FOR PREVIOUS ABS COMPONENT REPAIR COSTS."

An interesting system if you never noticed it... this attempt was a big hydraulic control unit with a softball sized accumulator on top and was installed in place of the booster. They used the HCU to provide boost pressure, and yes, when they failed... you had little to no stopping power. Only used for a few years on a few models, including some loaded minivans.

To clarify, only the later Bendix systems have a lifetime warranty, not the early Bosch systems that I had on my '90 Imperial. Try and find a Bosch pump for one and you may find that Cardone will rebuild yours if you ship it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back