1993 Honda Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblefish360

Reaction score
Contact seller
I picked this 600cc 4spd, 50 MPG bike up last year from a co-worker selling his sisters bike. Used as a daily fair weather commuter for a few short miles, it only had a few miles shy of 13,000 when I picked it up. There is currently 15,000+ miles on the bike. It was given new front and rear tires, fuel pump, battery, front brake pads, all fluids were changed out, all filters were changed out, oil, in tank gas filter as well as the after fuel pump filter, plugs and wires. I added a K&N air filter as well.

This spring, a new set of sprockets and a drive chain replaced the old one. Also, a new kick stand safety switch and brake pedal light switch was replaced. It has a valid inspection sticker on the fork less than a month old.

The bad;
There is very very light rust on the bike and the paint is in overall really nice shape considering the age it is. The only missing part is the end cap to the throttle hand grip.
It runs very well. A slight hesitation in the throttle is present. The body panel at the neck is cracked. It does not rattle, but the gas cap key cover does.

Overall I think this an excellent bike, for beginner or seasoned rider. Handles well, brakes well, accelerates nicely. At 50 MPG's, I'm not getting hurt with mileage concerns. You won't either. The gas tank is small @ 2.3 gallons.
I am firm on the price.
I just am not comfortable on it. The riding position is one I do not like myself. Perhaps it might be OK for you.

I ride this bike on the weekend to and from work. It is a 100+ mile round trip. It is ready to go!

Come check it out. Test rides require full price of the bike.
Call; 631-834-0498, leave name, number and time to call you back.
Thanks, Rob
http://longisland.craigslist.org/mcy/3064160053.html

1993 Hoda VTX 001.jpg

1993 Hoda VTX 002.jpg

1993 Hoda VTX 004.jpg

1993 Hoda VTX 005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back