2.75" brake drums not round, source?

Knebel

Reaction score
My steering wheel rattles back and forth quite a bit and I have determined that my front drums are a little out of round. They are 11x2 3/4 drums and the only source for them is rockauto for $86 a piece :rant:

Are there any better (cheaper) sources for those?

Same thing happened to me on my 68 Polara and 67 Monaco. I stopped fighting it and converted to disc's. If you get Drums from Rock Auto take them and have them trued and balanced.

Same thing happened to me on my 68 Polara and 67 Monaco. I stopped fighting it and converted to disc's. If you get Drums from Rock Auto take them and have them trued and balanced.

Oh I wish I had the funds for discs. Looked into having the drums turned but I wouldnt even know where to ask for that :gah:

Cant do 200bucks for drums right now, let alone a disc conversion...

Same here...i'm converting to discs up front very shortly, tired of dealing with the drama and hassle comes with the drums.

Oh I wish I had the funds for discs. Looked into having the drums turned but I wouldnt even know where to ask for that :gah:

Cant do 200bucks for drums right now, let alone a disc conversion...

Go to a old school tire place or old parts store. Stay away from the parts changer places or a parts store that has no books, there you will find a person that can use a brake lathe.

Now that you mention it, gas stations of old produced a lot of shade tree mechanics that really got involved in the hobby. No more.

Everytthing I know and do today for pleasure was born here...

Shell-Gas-Station.jpg

Back