2 way tailgate, 1969

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A question for anyone who has a wagon with a two way tailgate.

Is there a knob, Plastic or otherwise, that fits over the two way release lever....? If so mine is missing and although the mech works fine it's a little hard on the fingers.

The parts book doesn't list a separate knob.

Thanks
Will.

Is there a knob, Plastic or otherwise, that fits over the two way release lever....? If so mine is missing and although the mech works fine it's a little hard on the fingers.

Thanks
Will.

As far I know, it should look like this, from a wagon I looked at in the spring.

tailgate knob.jpg

That's all I got.

tailgate knob.jpg

That looks right. The release lever has a hole for the screw. Missing on the Admiral.
That should be interesting to track down.

Thanks,

(The part number is 2935604 and it fits 1969-1973 C bodys)

Both Arizona and Brads

Thanks Alan,
I had already checked both with no results. Collector car lists a used one but a phone call to them produced a "part is incomplete" result. ( it's only one piece, unless you count the screw.)

OEM, (formally fmpar), has no NOS but he said he'd check a couple of parts cars in the yard and get back..... nothing yet.

I'm confident one will turn up.

They have a couple Fury wagons at desert valley in phoenix. I'm headed there Saturday to look for a tail gate window motor. I will see if they have the knob.

Thanks
Will.

There are three of them at Desert Valley Auto in Phoenix if you still need one.

Back