2 week 200 hour full panel and paint

Topless69

Reaction score
We had a 7.1 earthquake her in Christchurch New Zealand on September the 4th this year and my Car got damaged by falling tools etc in my garage,
I had a Mopar show to go to on the 22nd of October and the Insurance company gave us the ok to go ahead to start repairs on the 8th of October so we had 2 very busy weeks to get the job done.
All the work was done after we finished our day jobs
IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_02841.jpg

The final product.
We spent 200 hrs, my friend Scott spent 100 hrs on the car by himself including 11 hrs in the paint booth doing the colour and Clear.
We used 10 litres of F8 Green and 7 Litres of clear on the car giving it 7 coats of colour and 4 coats of clear,

What you see in the last photo is the paint straight off the gun there has been no Colour sanding or buffing done.
Scott is a magician with a spray gun and I cant thank him enough.
we finished the car at 1.30pm on the 22nd and left for the show at 5.00pm

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_02841.jpg

Hi. Weeman.
Dam awesome job your mate done on ther car. was good to see it in person in nelson.
I see the ground still move down there. hope it stops soon.

Well we had another Earthquake on Tuesday the 22nd of February at 12.51pm it was 6.3 on the richter scale and only 5km deep and centred only 7km from Christchurch City,this time our city has been devistated with well over 200 people killed or missing and thousands without power,water sewerage and many people without homes.

my property came out of it all with just a few cracks and a few broken bottles and vases and yes the Dodge got damaged again but that is the least of my worries.

my property came out of it all with just a few cracks and a few broken bottles and vases and yes the Dodge got damaged again but that is the least of my worries.

The broken vases would be the least of my worries. I think the cars would be number three behind family and house.

Back