2007 Chrysler T&C Brakes

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A few weeks ago my wife says to be that when she braked the pedal seemed to go down too easy and too far. Then the next time she applied the brakes it was fine. I drove the van around and everything seemed to be fine. Saturday though I was driving and in a long line waiting to exit for an airshow and noticed it numerous times. It is not every time that you apply the brakes, but sporadic. A few months ago when it went through state inspection everything(rotors, calipers, pads) was replaced on the rear. I checked the master cylinder, it's full.

I have a thought, but would like to hear your thoughts on what to look at/ try.

The master cylinder may be bypassing internally at times. With the engine off, pump the pedal a couple of times and hold it down, wait to see if the pedal drifts down. If it does you need a new master cylinder

It wasn't the master. I started bleeding the brakes and got a sizable bubble from the right rear. Then discovered that I must have a collapsed line on the drivers side because I cannot get any fluid out of it. I just so love working on the dd.

I wish i knew where the air came from. It's gone and the drivers side is now fixed. They run them lines like a snake travels. In teaching them my 12 year old son noticed this in the line.
20220911_152233.jpg

The line completely smashed shut for the driver side. The passenger side was right below with no damage.

Just put it back together today.

Something damaged that line, has it ever been towed since you owned it? Lines sometimes get damaged by overzealous wrecker drivers

Something damaged that line, has it ever been towed since you owned it? Lines sometimes get damaged by overzealous wrecker drivers
Yes, just this June. I'm not sure how they would've damaged it and not the one right below it. They were on the front side of the "tub" that the middle seat folds into. I guess it doesn't matter, it's fixed now.

Back