2018 Hurricane Season... looks like the fun is begining...

What is the most important item in your hurricane survival kit?

• Beer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Condoms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
two_atl_2d0.png

Get ready if you're in the path... @C Body Bob @Wollfen ...
025002_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

023906_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This one has possibilities... if nothing else, it should help PR stay in the news.
025259_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I’ll be taking my cars out for one more drive before buckling down and shielding them from the storm. The coast line will probably get beat up a little

Last edited:
Yea there are several more of us in its path. Sautered, big blue C ? , others
Watching it & hoping it turns toward the sea or fails to get strong. I guess by Wednesday we will have a better idea.

Yep, Florence is currently centered on my father's beach house, then it's expected to continue on up here toward Lexington. Looks like I'll probably have to head down to the coast to help board up the house. I just hope that it doesn't bring too much wind up here. I have a shed that's rather deteriorated with a couple of cars under it that I worry about in storms.

On a good note, fishing will be good next week.

If after Thursday I'm not heard from, y'all can assume I've been sucked up by the eye ball of Florence and relocated somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. And swamp land iz now available for cheap were Wilmington, N. C. once waz, Jer

I have a shiny new Whole-house generator on 24/7 standby and a full tank of propane underground.
Bring it on.
Never again.

1886088_2.jpg

I can handle massive amounts of rain.

Power outages....not so much.

I hate being the human sump pump!

You can bet that my next project after the NYB will be a whole house generator running off of the house natural gas.
I had to put a severe crimp in my "Safety Reserve" to do it. You know the "Safety Reserve". It's that thing you set aside for a rainy day? Well, it's raining...

I'm going to procrastinate and ride this hurricane out and start getting a contractor, deal with the county permit and HOA Nazi's to get this mission done this fall.

I have a shiny new Whole-house generator on 24/7 standby and a full tank of propane underground.
Bring it on.
Never again.

View attachment 212391
Our power went out Saturday morning about 5:30. My wife's exercise bike computer resetting woke me up. I thought the power had just blinked till I headed out to the shop about 6 and heard the generator running. You'll love the peace of mind Stan.

I pray you guy's are all safe and sound through the storm. You guy's are the most important, but I hope all the cars come out unscathed.

two_atl_2d0.png

It doesn't look good... I hope everyone in the path has gassed up and bough water... Today is bound to be a stupid shopping day from what I can tell. FWIW, the wee AM hours are generally better than standing in line or getting shot by someone's grandmother over a pack of batteries.

Best wishes to all the folks in the path... it looks like a good time to plan your escape or let folks know where you'll be riding it out. Last year, the FL membership did a good job of communicating, mostly by text, to check up on each other... expect the phone lines and cell grid to be overwhelmed and at reduced capacity...
024408_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This one could still turn right, but I guess the projected path is too low for a likely hit on FL... I won't trust Isaac until I see what he does in the Gulf.
024525_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

I’ll be thinking about you all from the safety of Michigan....but seriously, you guys take care down there.

Our daughter is living in the path of Florence.
About 3 miles off the coast just north of Mrytle Beach.
A number of residence have chosen not to leave which I don't agree with and our daughter is one of them...:(

I was going to say if you’ve been advised to leave, you should. It seems after every one of these major storms you see interviews with people who said they should have done what they were told.

I rode out Fran in 1996 in a single wide trailer. I said I’d never do that again. 120 mph winds for hours & 12 inches of rain. It came right over me. DAUMN as they say. It was a direct hit. Since then I’ve rode out others that where not as strong. I’ll bail if I have to but going to stay as long as I can. I’ll head west & try to stay on the interstate if it’s not blocked. Tonite I’ll call family friends & neighbors & see if about an evac plan. Get organized so maybe a few of us can travel together.

Back