2018 Hurricane Season... looks like the fun is begining...

What is the most important item in your hurricane survival kit?

• Beer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Condoms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Spoke to Jer briefly, on yesterday's break... he doesn't sound defeated, but isn't enjoying his time camping without electricity. He said his power is due to be restored sometime this morning.

He did say they have been able to get hot meals from the local restaurants that have reopened, but the variety was limited due to food suppliers not able to get in. I'm going with the thought that anyone who is complaining about pizza toppings, isn't doing that bad... :)

WE'RE ALIVE AND THE A/C IZ BACK ON....FINALLY. 8 dayz @ 86* W/ equal humidity sure SUCKZ 'tho. Wilmington lifted the curfew this A.M. on the ABC booze storez and that's where the lines are now, go figure? Every river in eastern N.C. will crest between now and Monday the 24th and several communities are all ready cut off. Half I-40 on the near north side of Wilmington @ M.M. 430 IZ GONE, WASHED OUT GONE. Fuel trucks are getting in but I have no clue how or from where. Grocery stores are starting to get restocked but that's happening slow because of limited access. Thanks for all the thoughts 'n prayers Y'all, We're almost up to speed, Jer

Good to hear Jer! A friend of mine lives in Carolina Beach and said he can't get home until Sunday.

Soundz about right for there Chris. Last time when the last blow came thru' 'bout two yearz ago their were ah couple guyz chasing fish in knee deep water in a couple parking lots in Carolina Beach that got trapped when the storm surge came in that made the local newz. But the worst iz over this time and it came in a CAT 1 and not a 3-4 as expected so we got off lucky, Jer

8! :wideyed:
I went 6 days without last year after Irma and I was near the breaking point. Don't know how you did it, Jer. But I'm glad you guys did.
How's the liquor cabinet looking?
Down to half bottle of Tanquray and don't have to beg for the ice cubez any more from those with generators, lol---- WE IZ GONNA REMEDY THAT NO A/C THING REAL SOON TRUST ME PAL, Jer

Welcome back Jer! Boy that’s a load off my mind!:thumbsup::thankyou:

Jer, can you catch a yellow perch or a walleye in your front yard?

Glad to hear you and Gail are OK!

Jer, can you catch a yellow perch or a walleye in your front yard?

Glad to hear you and Gail are OK!
Unfortunately no Perch or Walleye Bob. Belated thanks for your directions on that place that mails frozen stuff there in Green Bay tho'. It all comez down to cost per pound to me I guess. I had ah lot lizard try to market her wares in ah truck stop one time out in Phoenix and I ask her if she practiced her craft by gargling peanut butter and she said no why? Well honey. come back when you can and we'll talk price for some of that action, lol. Thanks for the shout and glad we're O.K. too Pal, Jer

. I had ah lot lizard try to market her wares in ah truck stop one time out in Phoenix and I ask her if she practiced her craft by gargling peanut butter and she said no why? Well honey. come back when you can and we'll talk price for some of that action, lol. Thanks for the shout and glad we're O.K. too Pal, Jer
I had my dog chase one across the back field behind the T/A on the west side of OK city. High heels and little dress running through that thick grass with my Shepard/Lab mix growling and running, very funny sight.
Glad to hear your still upright!

Down to half bottle of Tanquray and don't have to beg for the ice cubez any more from those with generators, lol---- WE IZ GONNA REMEDY THAT NO A/C THING REAL SOON TRUST ME PAL, Jer
Good to see you're back in communication here. A/C is nice too... the trouble with gin... it's just not good for much when it's warm.

Very happy to hear that your doing as good as can be expected Jer, I always enjoy reading your posts, plus your a former Michigander

Great to hear everything worked out fer ya Jer. Now go get in line before all the Tanquray is gone! lol

Back