2019 Pro Mod Racing

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Opening season ProMod race at MIR Budd's Creek Maryland.
FB_IMG_1553693010486.jpg

How I the hell do those guys pay for that type of fun? My mom and my guidance counselor sure screwed up.

How I the hell do those guys pay for that type of fun? My mom and my guidance counselor sure screwed up.

Most of these guys are small business owners and run their whole program on their own dime. Hardly ever see any sponsorship on their cars. A couple of them build custom homes. My friend (Fredy Scriba) the family business is a welding shop. He is an engineer that works at the Army Test Center where I worked.

35744.jpeg

Most of these guys are small business owners and runvtheir whole program on their own dime. Hardly ever see any sponsorship on their cars.
That's a hat I mean, this isn't cheap, and without sponsorship, it takes a lot of cash. I could never run a car full time in any class, I don't hard money to replace the broken parts, and there will be broken parts. They do love what they do!

That's a hat I mean, this isn't cheap, and without sponsorship, it takes a lot of cash. I could never run a car full time in any class, I don't hard money to replace the broken parts, and there will be broken parts. They do love what they do!

These guys are just plain cool. You can walk right up to their pit, take pictures, talk to them and ask questions. And they will answer you. Very polite and respectful group of racers that like to go extremely fast.
I'll skip right past a NHRA national event any day to go to a NEOPMA ProMod race! Plus the boys race a full 1/4 mile. And....they are as fast or even faster than the NHRA ProMods. They always have other very fast classes racing with them. Outlaw 10.5, Top Sportman, X275, and extremely fast index classes, and the 422 Allstars.

Street Outlaws coming to Maryland in May.

Even though they only race 1/8 mile they are sort of entertaining.

20264.jpeg

ProMod's racing at MIR (Budd's Creek, Maryland) this weekend. I'm pretty sure I will be there Saturday. See you guys there if you are going!

FB_IMG_1553693010486.jpg

Back