2021 Carlisle under the Survivors Tent

MERNJ

Reaction score
93F81B3B-4D1E-4CD7-AFD7-7E0FB307C66F.jpeg
66CA8982-9E3D-46A6-AC78-1572343BB14B.jpeg
AE6A0EB3-BC7D-4646-98A3-75A4BA80FE49.jpeg
Just got back from our 1st trip to Carlisle. We displayed our 1967 Imperial under the Survivors Tent. Great to see original unrestored Mopars and speak to all the owners. Great stories!!

The problem with the survivor tent is you gotta keep your car there all weekend.
Most of the people there are snobbish and think their car has the best story. No room to sit. You are out of class meaning no one with the same car as you have to BS with.
I've had more than my share of survivors and stayed away from that tent after I walked through once.
That being said, very nice car, I hope you had a great time. Carlisle is the best adult time you will ever have. :thumbsup:

The problem with the survivor tent is you gotta keep your car there all weekend.
Most of the people there are snobbish and think their car has the best story. No room to sit. You are out of class meaning no one with the same car as you have to BS with.
I've had more than my share of survivors and stayed away from that tent after I walked through once.
That being said, very nice car, I hope you had a great time. Carlisle is the best adult time you will ever have. :thumbsup:
They've changed it so you can't walk into the the tent now. It's roped off and the cars face out rather than in.

I'm not sure what to think about how it's laid out now. I've never been a big fan of it, but always looked anyway. I did one side and didn't bother going around the other side.

Spent quite a while chatting with moparnutcase in the survivors tent. Yeah, they were all asked to keep their cars there until at least 11:00 am Sunday. I guess I broke the rules stepping over the rope to check-out his Cordoba. Silly layout this year. The center aisle as in previous years offered an escape from the sun. This year you’re standing out in the sun, squinting, trying to see the cars inside.

I agree with your assessment. That’s why we invited people into the roped area to see the Imperial close up and chat. We had so many people walk over the rope and chat with us. My brother and I opened doors, hood and trunk and shared our experience.

There was a green 1968 NYer 4dr hardtop. I met the owner but did not have a chance to take photos. If anyone has some, it';d be great to post them. Thank you!

Absolutely beautiful. I wasn't there this year. I agree the center aisle is better. Gives you some shade and allows you to view both sides at once.

Hi, My friend Marty and I spoke at length with you and your brother. We also talked about the white 67 Imperial that was in the car corral on Friday and under the pavilion on Saturday, after being sold. Here's a pick from Friday of the asking price: https://bit.ly/3k8EKZF

(I told you I was pretty sure I took a pic of it. :))

Nice talking to you guys and thanks for bringing such a beautiful car to Carlisle.

They've changed it so you can't walk into the the tent now. It's roped off and the cars face out rather than in.

I'm not sure what to think about how it's laid out now. I've never been a big fan of it, but always looked anyway. I did one side and didn't bother going around the other side.

I walked by and noticed the new layout. Silly, really, with the tent so low and very little natural light you can only make out the front ends. Would a little sunlight actually hurt them? They are not driven with car cover after all.

Hi, My friend Marty and I spoke at length with you and your brother. We also talked about the white 67 Imperial that was in the car corral on Friday and under the pavilion on Saturday, after being sold. Here's a pick from Friday of the asking price: https://bit.ly/3k8EKZF

(I told you I was pretty sure I took a pic of it. :))

Nice talking to you guys and thanks for bringing such a beautiful car to Carlisle.

thanks for the pic on the ‘67 sold to a dealer. Glad we had a chance to chat.

Survivor tent was kinda gay I thought. You can't look at the cars that well, roped off like they are zoo creatures. There were a few awesome survivor cars in the show field. That was enough for me.

GREAT meeting you guys, and seeing your amazing Imp. Great that this very special car has found worthy new owners. THANKS for bringing it - an inspiration, to be sure.

There was a green 1968 NYer 4dr hardtop. I met the owner

You do know that car is NOT a survivor car, it has been repainted. A member and friend of mine here knows the owner of the car from various car sites on Facebook and that is what he said

Back