2022 Sully Antique Car Show (Sterling, VA: June 19)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the Sully Antique Car Show will return to Sterling, VA (near Dulles airport) on June 19, 2022. I have nothing to do with the organization of the show, but I will be in the area that weekend and (weather permitting) I plan to go with Poppy, my 1970 Polara 'vert.

I am starting this thread in order to alert other members who might be interested in going. If you are wondering about seeing nice C-bodies at Sully, here are threads regarding the 2018 and 2019 events.

@Imperialist67 introduced me to the show, where he often is a judge, and I sure hope that he'll come this year. @Analog Kid joined me there in 2019, and @Michael McCoy and @Newport Man have attended numerous Sully events. I hope to see all those members this year, as well as others including but not limited to:

@Ripinator @Newport Man @1978 NYB @FlintlockDave @joeblob @69Ragtopfury @Walter Joy
@Dillon @Copper1982 @Boomer @Jim 68cuda @68SportFury! @Michael A. Corley @1970FuryConv @justthatguy
@Imps Rule @Pclancy

Pre-registration is by snail mail only :BangHead: with a June 15 deadline (and so I will wait till I get the weather forecast before sending a check...)

The full brochure is here: http://www.gwcmodela.com/pdfs/Sully/2022/2022SullyCarShowRegistration.pdf

Last edited:
After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the Sully Antique Car Show will return to Sterling, VA (near Dulles airport) on June 19, 2022. I have nothing to do with the organization of the show, but I will be in the area that weekend and (weather permitting) I plan to go with Poppy, my 1970 Polara 'vert.

I am starting this thread in order to alert other members who might be interested in going. If you are wondering about seeing nice C-bodies at Sully, here are threads regarding the 2018 and 2019 events.

@Imperialist67 introduced me to the show, where he often is a judge, and I sure hope that he'll come this year. @Analog Kid joined me there in 2019, and @Michael McCoy and @Newport Man have attended numerous Sully events. I hope to see all those members this year, as well as others including but not limited to:

@Ripinator @Newport Man @1978 NYB @FlintlockDave @joeblob @69Ragtopfury @Walter Joy
@Dillon @Copper1982 @Boomer @Jim 68cuda @68SportFury! @Michael A. Corley @1970FuryConv @justthatguy
@Imps Rule @Pclancy

Pre-registration is by snail mail only :BangHead: with a June 15 deadline (and so I will wait till I get the weather forecast before sending a check...)

The full brochure is here: http://www.gwcmodela.com/pdfs/Sully/2022/2022SullyCarShowRegistration.pdf

Should be a fun meet. I might even bring management. . .

I always enjoy the Sully show. Glad that it's finally back on after two years of Covid. Below is a link to my pictures from the 2019 Sully show (over 300 photos). Not sure if people who aren't on Facebook will be able to view them or not. Those who travel from out of the area to attend should consider allowing extra time to visit the Smithsonian's Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum right across the highway from the show.

1651961310893.png
1651961493567.png

Last edited:
THANKS for posting this - my registration went in last week. I noticed a new "ORIGINAL" class on the registration form this year, no explanation as to what it constitutes, but if your car is highly original, it's something to consider.

This weekend's weather is going to be gorgeous in Northern Virginia, but I will unfortunately miss Sully this year. Due to storms and suboptimal communications by the transportation companies on which I was relying, I am currently marooned far away from the show and won't have time for it in a couple of days.

In better news, I should make it to Volo the following weekend.

@Imperialist67 @Analog Kid @Ripinator @sixpkrt @david hill

I have heard of some other people getting "stranded" far away. I'm excited about the prospect of "other than miserably humid" conditions, we'll see if they actually pan out.

Will send a trip report.

This weekend's weather is going to be gorgeous in Northern Virginia, but I will unfortunately miss Sully this year. Due to storms and suboptimal communications by the transportation companies on which I was relying, I am currently marooned far away from the show and won't have time for it in a couple of days.

In better news, I should make it to Volo the following weekend.

@Imperialist67 @Analog Kid @Ripinator @sixpkrt @david hill

Aaarrrgghh!

I hate to rub it iin for those who tried/couldn't get there, it was a banner Sully year. Definitely best weather that day in at least 20 years. There is a new band this year, and they were terrific. I heard that the car count was nearly 350,
and large variety of makes/eras. Numerous C-bodies in attendance this year, and a couple members from this list took awards in the MOPAR category.

Attendance was quite high, and despite the high number of children, they were mostly well behaved and well supervised.

I hate to rub it iin for those who tried/couldn't get there, it was a banner Sully year. Definitely best weather that day in at least 20 years. There is a new band this year, and they were terrific. I heard that the car count was nearly 350,
and large variety of makes/eras. Numerous C-bodies in attendance this year, and a couple members from this list took awards in the MOPAR category.

Attendance was quite high, and despite the high number of children, they were mostly well behaved and well supervised.
Pictures or it did not happen :)

I took over 400 pictures. Guessing almost 400 cars were in the show and car corral. This year I took my turquoise 68 Barracuda convertible.

DSCN4372.JPG

DSCN4394.JPG

DSCN4552.JPG

DSCN4554.JPG

DSCN4559.JPG

DSCN4560.JPG

DSCN4562.JPG

DSCN4358.JPG

DSCN4438.JPG

DSCN4700.JPG

Last edited:
THANKS for posting these, my New Yorker looks good here. I kept coming back by that '61 though....... The 73 Imp took 2nd place in that category. Good catch on the Jensen Interceptor, I had forgotten those were 440-V8 powered....... your Barracuda is beautiful. Sorry to have missed you at the show.

THANKS for posting these, my New Yorker looks good here. I kept coming back by that '61 though....... The 73 Imp took 2nd place in that category. Good catch on the Jensen Interceptor, I had forgotten those were 440-V8 powered....... your Barracuda is beautiful. Sorry to have missed you at the show.
Saw your New Yorker at the Apple Blossom Antique car show in Winchester on June 4th too. Didn't know it belonged to anyone here. I had my white 66 Sport Fury at that show. But there were other C-bodies as well.
1655942695773.png

1655942793491.png

1655942837268.png

1655942871897.png

1655942909747.png

1655942997470.png

THANKS for these - I was glad to finally get to the Winchester Apple Blossom show, for many years I always had a conflict with the date in May, but this year it FINALLY worked out. Both Winchester & Sully shows had great weather....., so great that I'm afraid we're going to pay for it later on..... sorry to have missed you. Good C-body presence we had, I kept going back to that green Fury VIP hardtop, as you hardly ever see them. Your Sport Fury sure is nice, I remember seeing it.

THANKS for these - I was glad to finally get to the Winchester Apple Blossom show, for many years I always had a conflict with the date in May, but this year it FINALLY worked out. Both Winchester & Sully shows had great weather....., so great that I'm afraid we're going to pay for it later on..... sorry to have missed you. Good C-body presence we had, I kept going back to that green Fury VIP hardtop, as you hardly ever see them. Your Sport Fury sure is nice, I remember seeing it.
Glad you made it to the Winchester show. June 4th was a rain date, as the original scheduled day was rained out. My local club, Shenandoah Region AACA, puts the show on. As long as I'm taking pictures at the show, for the club, they don't ask me to park cars or be a judge.

Back