2023 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

I am registered for the show field. I am not going to vend this year. Not sure which car will be going.

I have my rental house and the Imperial registered. I wonder where the Imperials will be this year? I liked the location, we just did not have enough room for the cars. The blue 81 Imperial just left before photo. I think we had at least 10 Imperials in this area, I saw a couple in the C-body section as well.

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg

Last edited:
Imperials are beautiful cars in every incarnation, except those ones that are kind of k-car based. Those aren't the best, but still OK.

I have my rental house and the Imperial registered. I wonder where the Imperials will be this year? I liked the location, we just did not have enough room for the cars. The blue 81 Imperial just left before photo.

View attachment 581356

View attachment 581358
For the first couple years after I set up the separate Imp section in 2005 (or so.....) the number of cars was pretty consistent, but has varied widely ever since, definitely a good idea with these to register in advance so there's a big enough section allocated on the field. Turnout last year was rather good, come to think of it.....

Is anyone else as out-of-your-mind excited (as I am to get away from the DC Beltway) to let loose with a Mopar roar at Carlisle in 2023?
I have never been there. I registered last year then my car broke down, luckily several days before or I would have been on the side of the road for day's! I want to go this year however it will cost me about $300.00 +++ in gas. What does everyone else pay in gas? I'm driving about 600 miles round trip. PS: I'm running a built 440 with an estimated 580-600 HP. She's a sleeper!

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

I have never been there. I registered last year then my car broke down, luckily several days before or I would have been on the side of the road for day's! I want to go this year however it will cost me about $300.00 +++ in gas. What does everyone else pay in gas? I'm driving about 600 miles round trip. PS: I'm running a built 440 with an estimated 580-600 HP. She's a sleeper!

View attachment 581507

View attachment 581508
About 400 miles for me, each way. I figure 12mpg, and $3.50 a gallon, so, $120ish each way, plus tolls...PA turnpike is not cheap., But I plan to be there!

View attachment 581507

View attachment 581508
I'll just throw this out there... The Syracuse Nationals are the same weekend. That's a lot closer and a lot bigger show. I'll be there. This is a no brainer for me, the Syracuse Nats are 20 minutes from home.

Not trying to discourage you from Carlisle at all... It's a great show and something every Mopar guy should do...

At the Syracuse Nationals
Syracuse Nationals

View attachment 581507

View attachment 581508
You and I are driving approximately the same mileage. Do yourself a favor and do all your gas purchasing just before you get to the Pennsylvania state line gasoline cost there are ridiculously high. Has said our big cars love the guzzle to fuel filling up prior to the Pennsylvania state line is kind of a little bonus. My guess is that approximately 12 miles to the gallon and with your tank capacity your cruise range will be about 250 260 miles. Go figure burning one full tank in about half of another before you get to the Pennsylvania line or somewhere thereabouts he will go through about 65 gallons of fuel getting there.

I'll rack up about 4000 miles for the trip.
Probably somewhere around 1600 in gas. Unless I purchase something and tow it home.

About 400 miles for me, each way. I figure 12mpg, and $3.50 a gallon, so, $120ish each way, plus tolls...PA turnpike is not cheap., But I plan to be there!
If I were you I would not run the turnpike. Run I-80 to eat off Clearfield, exit on to 970, run that to 322. No tolls, beautiful scenery and it is mostly 4 lanes.

No way a train can keep up with my pace. I'll pull that 24 hours of driving in a day and a half or better. Drive 18-20 hours then drive the final 4-5 hours the next day. Same on return. Gotta be back to work. Employees and all.

What exacltly is the difference between chryslers at carlisle and mopar nationals? I had my Monaco at chryslers at carlisle in '96.

Back