For Sale 27 fender tags found, Looking for owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Farmboy70 on ebodies.org has a bunch of tags that he would like to find the owner and give them their tag back.
Take a look and see if any of you can claim a tag.

27 Found fender tags in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)

There is an M46 tag that he has that I am trying to make a deal on. I'm working on an M46 registry so any info on this rare option I'm interested in. Unfortunately I don't have the car so I might not be able to add the tag to my registry. trying to trade one for one.

This may be a dumb question but why were these fender tags ever removed from these cars? I can see if they are sent to the crusher.

So my fender tag is missing. where is the best place to search?

Really, Google your full vin and if anyone has put that vin on anything on the web google should find it. That's why the original poster put the full vins on the forum post.
Any misplaced item should be listed on the web forums.
motor, tranny, bodies, radiator supports, fender tags, vin tags etc. etc. You never know when the original owner will find what you might have. Wish I could find what i'm looking for.

This may be a dumb question but why were these fender tags ever removed from these cars? I can see if they are sent to the crusher.
unfortunately most tags are pulled from yards. But as people cut up cars and part them out the tags end up in garages across the U.S. Then a guy gets out of the hobby and sells all his stuff. the original poster with the 27 tags got them on a parts trade package. Probably parted out cars. Now the tags are going into a desk project.
A lot of people took their tags off early and threw them away as they were "ugly" and would get in the way of the forearms when working on the car. Missing fender rags and missing vin tags are a terrible plague in the mopar world. Vin tags are mis placed all over due to being mounted on dash pads and being replaced when a crack happens. Really sucks. I'm Looking for one of those also.

Actually I'm the one prying open hoods with a crowbar to get the build tags....OK not really but I would assume it would be a lucky day to reunite the tags with the car as the cars were mostly crushed after they were stripped.

All the years I spent yanking parts off cars in wrecking yards I never once thought the tags would be of any value as the cars were on death row.

Now their value is the research of options, availability and dating certain options. Since there are few records found from the actual building of the cars we only have Broadcast sheets and fender tags to tell us the missing information.
I'm surprised how much some people ask for the tags on ebay. Since they are really only good for looking at.

Really, Google your full vin and if anyone has put that vin on anything on the web google should find it. That's why the original poster put the full vins on the forum post.
Any misplaced item should be listed on the web forums.
motor, tranny, bodies, radiator supports, fender tags, vin tags etc. etc. You never know when the original owner will find what you might have. Wish I could find what i'm looking for.
I don't need any tags as my cars have them, but for the folks here who do need a tag, or for curious folks like me, could you get farmboy70 to post those tags as well? I realize it's an E body site, but they can't be that anal about posting non E body stuff, I hope. I don't want to join a forum I never intend on participating in, and that could be helpful to a member here.

Not every VIN or fender tag found is posted online, and since you are a member, I thought maybe you could help us out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back