2nd Annual C Body meet

I'll pencil the date in. I can tell Laura and get my vacation request in.

If there is anyone coming that would need to stay in motel there is a Super 8
in McHenry Illinois .... And is very affordable ...
110 State Rte 31 South, McHenry, IL 60050
800-536-1211
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8/mchenry-illinois/super-8-mchenry/overview

It is about a ten minute ride to Volo and looks like it is a clean place...

I have no affiliation to the place...

There is a Hampton Inn on RT31 in McHenry which is a very nice place
but the parking leaves a lot to be desired... There is a restaurant/bar
on the same property and uses same parking lot....

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting you at the event.
Thanks for all your effort putting this together including catering, my hat is off to you!:thumbsup:
I would love to come but it’s way too early for me to commit. I will pencil it in though.

Its fishing for craps sake.. !!
Leave a day earlier to return and git yer azz to this, Mario ......

I received this message from Volo regarding the discount for admission to the museum.
So if anyone will be bringing their 8 kids to the event, be sure to bring an extra chaperone....:lol:

Group rates are given to groups with a minimum of 20 paying visitors who schedule at least two weeks in advance. A $50 deposit is required at the time the group is scheduled. The deposit is applied to the group total day of tour.
Prices for groups are as follows:
Adults - $13
Seniors (65+) - $12
Children (5-12) - $8
For child groups, we require one chaperone for every eight children. For this reason, we allow one free chaperone for every eight paying children. If you have additional chaperones, they will pay the adult rate. Chaperones MUST stay with the children at ALL times. We also allow free admission to group bus drivers.

Wow, thanks guys. For some reason I did not get notified on the last two pages of post's. You all know I will be there, might not have the 300 ready by then, but you can count on me and the grandsons again.

Wow, thanks guys. For some reason I did not get notified on the last two pages of post's. You all know I will be there, might not have the 300 ready by then, but you can count on me and the grandsons again.
Still lost in the clouds watching the 300 lens making thread!

I'll be there. I've notified the home office, Joe I have to figure out what I'm driving. If Laura comes we will be in her '12 Charger. If not, I think I'll try to get the 500 road worthy. Be a nice first jaunt for the car!

Last edited:
Everything is set for June 23rd for the 2nd FCBO meet.
I had to work out a deal with the museum to allow us to have food brought in, as they will not allow cooking, i.e. BBQ wagon, or heated food servings using Sterno's to keep the food hot. But the management is allowing us to bring pre-made food brought in, as long as we put our trash in the trash cans provided. I've already got this set with a vendor, but will need to know a head count before I place the order. This can be done later as we get closer to the event.
I was also able to have the $50 deposit waived for the discounted fee to enter the museum. One catch here is that they will apply the discount when you pay your admission fee to enter the museum, as long as we enter as a group of 15 or more.
Without knowing how many will be coming to the event, and for that matter how many will want to tour the museum, I think they're being pretty fair on this offer.
One last note I thought I should mention: For those that will be traveling to the FCBO event at Volo, and who plan on staying overnight at a local hotel, you may want to consider going to the Chicagoland Mopar Connection car show,
Mopars in the Park, on Sunday, June 24th from 8am to 3pm, at Veterans Park in Fox Lake, IL.
This is an all Mopar Show, and it is just 5 miles North of Volo Auto Museum.
I plan on being there with the R/T.
Remember, there is no cost to join us at the 2nd Annual FCBO Event, with a vehicle or as a spectator. The admission fee to enter the museum will be your cost, but if you never been there before, it's worth the small fee they charge.
For all of those who couldn't make it last year, hope to see and meet you in 2018.
Thanks FCBO
sixpkrt

Everything is set for June 23rd for the 2nd FCBO meet.
I had to work out a deal with the museum to allow us to have food brought in, as they will not allow cooking, i.e. BBQ wagon, or heated food servings using Sterno's to keep the food hot. But the management is allowing us to bring pre-made food brought in, as long as we put our trash in the trash cans provided. I've already got this set with a vendor, but will need to know a head count before I place the order. This can be done later as we get closer to the event.
I was also able to have the $50 deposit waived for the discounted fee to enter the museum. One catch here is that they will apply the discount when you pay your admission fee to enter the museum, as long as we enter as a group of 15 or more.
Without knowing how many will be coming to the event, and for that matter how many will want to tour the museum, I think they're being pretty fair on this offer.
One last note I thought I should mention: For those that will be traveling to the FCBO event at Volo, and who plan on staying overnight at a local hotel, you may want to consider going to the Chicagoland Mopar Connection car show,
Mopars in the Park, on Sunday, June 24th from 8am to 3pm, at Veterans Park in Fox Lake, IL.
This is an all Mopar Show, and it is just 5 miles North of Volo Auto Museum.
I plan on being there with the R/T.
Remember, there is no cost to join us at the 2nd Annual FCBO Event, with a vehicle or as a spectator. The admission fee to enter the museum will be your cost, but if you never been there before, it's worth the small fee they charge.
For all of those who couldn't make it last year, hope to see and meet you in 2018.
Thanks FCBO
sixpkrt
Man, you are the guy. Great job on setting this up so fast. I think you should get three cheers for you work,
Hip, Hip, Horay
Hip, Hip, Horay
Hip, Hip, Horay.
Bill

Back