3.91 or 4.10 gears, for a 741 case wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun_Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a good set of 3.91 or 4.10 ring and pinion gears, for a 8 3/4, 742 case. Looking for a back up set. No pitting or cracks. Just don't want to spend $$$'s for them. Lemme know what you got!! I do not need the whole posi unit. Just the ring and pinion. Please, and thank you!!

Last edited:
Nope... Big Block Fury. And sooooo sorry to offend you. Is Sure Grip unit better? So sorry my forum etiquette is not up to your standards. No wonder Mopar guys get looked at like their s@-? Doesn't stink. So, do me a favor.... If you don't have what I'm looking for, please stop hi jacking my thread. Thanks, and have a great day!!

Nope... Big Block Fury. And sooooo sorry to offend you. Is Sure Grip unit better? So sorry my forum etiquette is not up to your standards. No wonder Mopar guys get looked at like their s@-? Doesn't stink. So, do me a favor.... If you don't have what I'm looking for, please stop hi jacking my thread. Thanks, and have a great day!!

That should drive the price up nicely...

The only ratio choices for a new gear for that case is 3.55 and 3.73 at $185. Good luck getting a used 3.91 here after the hissy fit.

Kevin

I have a set 4.10 that I will trade for set of 4.10 from a 742 or 489 case but I'm keeping my sure grip GM parts give me a rash:poke:

W

That should drive the price up nicely...

The only ratio choices for a new gear for that case is 3.55 and 3.73 at $185. Good luck getting a used 3.91 here after the hissy fit.

Kevin

That's fine. That's why they have Summit. So, lemme ask you. Am I supposed to roll over and say "oh please don't be a dick to me. I'm new." Yeahhhhhh.... That's not going to happen. As per the rules, I have just as much of a right to stick up for myself, as Stan does. So Kevin, if no one wants to give me a decent price on a used set, I'll buy new. I'm just fine with that. As far as throwing a hissy fit, I'll just say thank you for bumping my thread back to the top, and go on about my business. I know how it goes. Everyone is a tough guy behind the keyboard. So, here I'll give you what you were looking for.

Oh Kevin!!! I'm so stupid for sticking up for my right to post in the wanted ads. I should let every douche bag on here hi jack my thread, because I made a mistake. I am so sorry that everyone else lacks the testicular fortitude to help a guy out. Next time I'll be sure to let everyone weigh in their thoughts on what I am looking for. So, let me help everyone out. Here is what I have!

1965 dodge nova Ss/rt
468 BIg block Nissan, with the screaming egg roll package
It has 700mm turbos, with a supercharger.
Eddie Hill's, high gear only tranny from the 90's, and runs on plutonium.
I am looking for a set of 10.92:1 gears, to put into my Dana 9" rear end. Any help would be appreciated.

Kev, and Stan.... sorry about the little guy. Hope your wives tell you it's not the size that counts. Cause it's very apparent that you both have, "little guy syndrome".

Thanks for the laughs tonight fellas!!! Seriously!! I really needed that!!

Last edited:
I like you. Maybe the rearend section on moparts.org might be of help. All ive seen over there for 741 is 3.91s though.

W

That's fine. That's why they have Summit. So, lemme ask you. Am I supposed to roll over and say "oh please don't be a dick to me. I'm new." Yeahhhhhh.... That's not going to happen. As per the rules, I have just as much of a right to stick up for myself, as Stan does. So Kevin, if no one wants to give me a decent price on a used set, I'll buy new. I'm just fine with that. As far as throwing a hissy fit, I'll just say thank you for bumping my thread back to the top, and go on about my business. I know how it goes. Everyone is a tough guy behind the keyboard. So, here I'll give you what you were looking for.

Oh Kevin!!! I'm so stupid for sticking up for my right to post in the wanted ads. I should let every douche bag on here hi jack my thread, because I made a mistake. I am so sorry that everyone else lacks the testicular fortitude to help a guy out. Next time I'll be sure to let everyone weigh in their thoughts on what I am looking for. So, let me help everyone out. Here is what I have!

1965 dodge nova Ss/rt
I am looking for a set of 10.92:1 gears, to put into my Dana 9" rear end. Any help would be appreciated.

Kev, and Stan.... sorry about the little guy. Hope your wives tell you it's not the size that counts. Cause it's very apparent that you both have, "little guy syndrome".

All better now? Stuck up for yourself after a little obviously tongue in cheek poke? Guess you showed us.

At any rate Summit will be of no help to you either because NOBODY MAKES A NEW 3.91 GEAR FOR A 741 CASE. But you wanted used anyway. Good luck with that.

If you have any salvage yards that haven't had a crusher in since 1963, the best place to go look for one would be under an A100 van or pick up with a /6 or a D100 pick up with a /6. V8 trucks are more apt to have 3.23 or 3.55 but 3.91's aren't unheard of especially in farm country.

And you're welcome for the BTT.

Kevin

W

1965 dodge nova Ss/rt

All better now? Stuck up for yourself after a little obviously tongue in cheek poke? Guess you showed us.

At any rate Summit will be of no help to you either because NOBODY MAKES A NEW 3.91 GEAR FOR A 741 CASE. But you wanted used anyway. Good luck with that.

If you have any salvage yards that haven't had a crusher in since 1963, the best place to go look for one would be under an A100 van or pick up with a /6 or a D100 pick up with a /6. V8 trucks are more apt to have 3.23 or 3.55 but 3.91's aren't unheard of especially in farm country.

And you're welcome for the BTT.

Kevin

Thanks! Appreciate the help. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back