300 Hurst Diecast--For your viewing pleasure.

Trace 300 Hurst

Professional Tinkerer
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, this diecast model appeared on eBay, and I thought "I HAVE to have that!". So I put enough of a killer bid on it so that unless Leno wanted it, I would be sure to win. And I did. It arrived today.

But get this: The seller is in Poland (with great eBay ratings), the model was made in Bangladesh but with no indication of when. The maker is DeAgostini Models, located in many countries and somewhere in the midwest of USA. The who and why this model was made--for a car that nobody knows ever existed, as per my experience at car show--is a mystery.

I did find this, which is interesting: Chrysler 300 Hurst 1970 by Ixo/De Agostini

If you want one yourself..... American cars collection No. 26 Chrysler 300 Hurst 1:43 deagostini | eBay

Anyway, I like it. The detail is surprising (despite the discerning modeling buff's review above), including the yellow paint in the grille (which was painted over top of a regular 300's red paint), and the teeny-weeny 300H logo in the hood. The interior is true to the car, even if it isn't highly detailed. The dash, steering wheel, and seats appear darn accurate for such a tiny model. The underneath has some detailing that looks accurate (like exhaust, including the dual tips) , but it's screwed to the base and I'm going to leave it like that.

And you gotta love the MOTEL display case!

KHPW0475.JPG

GCKQ6958.JPG
JISD1715.JPG

....and you will proudly display this model on your air cleaner at Carlisle....

:poke:

Seriously, I’ve been watching this one for months now. You are right, there is little or no info about it or why it exists, and the one offered from Italy is a little pricey, nearly $100 with shipping, but a lot less than the real deal.

Here’s a cool video of the model, posted a while back.

300 Hurst

....and you will proudly display this model on your air cleaner at Carlisle....

:poke:

Seriously, I’ve been watching this one for months now. You are right, there is little or no info about it or why it exists, and the one offered from Italy is a little pricey, nearly $100 with shipping, but a lot less than the real deal.

Here’s a cool video of the model, posted a while back.

300 Hurst

That was a cool vid, and it really showed the detail much more than my uninspired photos. It's just bizarre to me that someone made this model...with the intent of making money. Who would buy the stupid thing except me? :eek:

I've already glued it to my air cleaner, right where it belongs. @commando1 Unfortunately the model's trunk doesn't open, so we can't see if it looks like this inside:
IMG_1926.JPG

:rofl:

Last edited:
Wow the model guy at the Best of France and Italy had one of those a while back. Same park as the Spring Fling in Van Nuys. Jay Leno takes his cars there from time to time. He had some very cool obscure model cars in his swap space. I gotta be honest I was more captivated by the French Chrysler HemiCuda road racer he had but that was very big in scale and way over $200. Didn’t really matter I already spent my cash on sno cones and about $1000 worth of very expensive goggles some ex California Mille guy was dumping. Too bad I didn’t see the models first but I’d already spent my $100 anyways.

Very cool and congrats. That’s the only other one I’ve ever seen. Nice catch.

Nice overall detail, but I would have preferred that the optional (i.e. in real life) body rub strip be left off the model.

Nice overall detail, but I would have preferred that the optional (i.e. in real life) body rub strip be left off the model.
Agree, but when you have a glance at this tiny model the rub strip looks just like the correct Hurst stripe unless it's lit from above and casts that bit of shadow.

Also, I guess this model features a power antenna in the retracted position. :D

Ok ok, what’s IN the bag????
Ahhhhh....inquiring minds!

Typical roadside emergency stuff: Basic tools, shop rags, lengths of wire and a supply of crimps, voltage regulator, fuses and a fusible link, starter solenoid, ignition module, ballast resistor (both kinds for other Mopars possibly in need), a starter clutch drive (!), some screws and nuts, some ugly worm-type hose clamps, jumper cables....and a $20 bill.

Congrats on your killer find. That wouldn't leave my house under any circumstances. All you need is a Turbine car to complete diecast collected.

And another cool little detail is that it only has the driver's side mirror, which is how I believe nearly all Hurst cars came. (correct me if I'm wrong, but the only ones I've seen are add-ons)

I added a passenger mirror early in my ownership, via a very nice unit from Murray. And it's not the sheetmetal screw, parts-counter version. It's an OEM stud and nut version such that the window needed to come out to install. Sheeeeesh.....
IMG_3192.JPG

Here's a top view of the model.
IMG_6915.JPG

And a top view of my car, sorta, just for fun. Before I added the passenger mirror.
IMG_0192.JPG

Last edited:
Deagostini is an older collector series.
The link with the italian ebay link is fine. They usually offer models for sale together with a print in a clear bag just as seen in the italian auction.

They have done it for many decades usally having themes about certain european makes.

This time they have a sereis with classic american automibiles and so they produced the Hurst in it.
In Italy it will be available at many newsstands.

Nice old Chrysler bowling bag I have the same:)

Carsten

I think there were a couple in the Steven Juliano auction.
Did you buy it there?

Carsten

Back