300 L grille lamp

rod440

Reaction score
I need to change the bulb for the center grille lamp on my '65 300 L,can someone tell me how to get at it? Thanks!

re: 65 300 L grill lens

If you fork over $25 to join the Chrysler 300 club, you can buy reproduction Lens and surround from them for $175.

Just google Chrysler 300 club, Inc.

Good Luck,

Tom Denkler

[email protected]

I can access it but the socket is really tight like it's swedged over inside.The outer bezel might be held in with a spring-type deal but I'm not sure,I just don't want to break anything.I have a factory service manual (but no owner's manual) ,it doesn't mention this light anywhere.

It should be a normal twist on type socket. It may be rusted on the bezel? Let me ask my buddy who has a couple of L's. I have a standard 300 which doesn't have the grill lamp.

Front1a-1.jpg

Here's the final verdict regarding replacement of the 300L grill running lamp bulb from the 300L technical advisor from the Chrysler 300 Club:

"It is a simple job to do, but the space is a bit tight. You have to reach behind the back of the grille and unscrew the two nuts that hold the running light bezel in place. That's the chrome piece with the red, white & blue circle that surrounds the lens. I think a 3/8" wrench is needed. When the nuts are off, you pull out the bezel and lens from the front and you will see the socket and bulb. Just take out the bulb and put in another. (4 candle power is the right size) Then insert the bezel and lens into place and put the two nuts back on.

The most difficult part is working in the confined space behind the grille."

I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks for the info Rexus,I now have a functional grille lamp! I will need to replace the lens at some time though,the bulb that I took out was too long & melted/split the lens.

there are a few (if orig) 3/8s sae nuts that surround the cross bar. the two left to right at the center of the back side of the socket will,should /remove the front lense an center bazel with no damage.
( i sprayed a lil p/b blaster on mine just in case it was stuck). gently wiggle just a bit then push an turn to left an the bulb should come free keep in mine this is a special bulb with a certain amp, volt an heat range not any old replacement will do with a good lense.i have 3, 2 with orig lenses an broke neither an my dads a club member in good standings so, when you re-asemble put some dy-electric lube on the end of the bulb an make sure socket is clean an free of rust an dabree sorry for hick spelling but this is the proper way to do this i think. an if all else fails remove grille an center crossbar. all i used tool wise was a 3/8s or 7/16s gearwrench standard wrench would do just a lil slower :)

Back