300H fiberglass fenders.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, my buddy, Lance the Destroyer, was working on a couple of letter cars. The 62 (? - foggy memory) had fiberglass inner fenders.
Never heard of them.
Nothing in dedicated forums.
Nothing on Google.

What's up with that, Best & Brightest?

A couple of years ago, my buddy, Lance the Destroyer, was working on a couple of letter cars. The 62 (? - foggy memory) had fiberglass inner fenders.
Never heard of them.
Nothing in dedicated forums.
Nothing on Google.

What's up with that, Best & Brightest?

Never heard of them either, makes no sense. Did you see them before or after happy hour......

Only thing close to that I've heard of was the Orange inner fender liners on 68-69? Barracudas.

Yeah got me Commando. All the '60, '61, '63, and '64 300 letter carz came with access panels, J nutted and bolted to the inner fenderz and they were metal, not glass. But not the '62's 'farz I know. And those were just panels not whole inner fenderz. Granatelli ran the salt with a '62 back then but that was a solid lifter 413 with water heated 2nd generation('63-'64) Cross Rams in it. Bud Faubel ran the 1320' with a '62 300 also so maybe theirz hope of finding out more? Not sure if the Granatelli '62 is still around but the Museum in Auburn, In. might have more on that one. As for the Faubel car, That one is being or just has been treated to a ground up by one of the engineers at World Headquarters. Gimme ah bit ah time to work on that one. I know the owner of that car but I probably won't talk with him 'til Carlisle. Both those cars and the owners had the juice back then to make things happen. Did they? Who knows. Stay tuned I guess, Jer

I'll tell you what I have seen... 61 and 62 Chrysler front fenders were so prone to rust that I have seen the entire leading edge of the fender built back up with fibreglass cloth. I saw a lot of them like that.

Back