Status
Not open for further replies.

framedude

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 4 barrel intake for a 318 poly block, $400 plus shipping if interested

Photo1414.jpg

Photo1415.jpg

I'm interested but can't pull the trigger right now.......Wanna trade something....? What are the casting number and date on it......?

\

Ive had alot of hits on it but no one is willign to pay, everyone wants it but its gonna cost more with shipping so that kills it, i set up at carlisle every year so if i dont get it here i can always get it there

Not being that familiar with poly blocks, I had no idea of the value of something like that.
I'm the type of idiot that would have thrown it in the trunk of a car going to the crusher.
What are the dual quad manifolds worth?

Those dual quad manifolds are fairly plentiful. The OEM single 4bbl manifolds are very scarce. They were never avaliable as standard equipment and only optional from 1958 thru 1961 on the 318 polys. There are three variations of them.
There were some aftermarket aluminum manifolds made but they are almost as rare as the originals.
This one is an early manifold made to use a Carter AFB 4bbl.
I have picked them up in the past for as little as $50.00... $2-300.00 is the norm. The manifolds weigh in at about 48 lbs..... Expensive to ship too.

I always see the aluminum manifolds for sale at Carlisle. I didn't know the OEM manifolds were that scarce.

I always see the aluminum manifolds for sale at Carlisle. I didn't know the OEM manifolds were that scarce.

You might be confusing the aluminum LA 318 manifolds, (easy to locate), with the poly 318...... Their a whole different animal.

Last year they were offered as an option, (Super Fury package included 4bbl...dual exhaust and special cam), was in 1961

Isn't this a poly 318 manifold?

Yes Bob.... it is a 318 poly manifold. The dual 4bbl setup was an over the counter option for 1956 Fury 277 CID engines, and standard on the 1957/58 Fury 318's.

They used a pair of Carter WCFM 4bbls and nothing else will fit without adaptors. It's tough to locate all the parts to make them right.

In 58 the first "B" engine was introduced in Plymouth and Dodge cars. The 350 Golden Commando was equipped with dual AFB 4bbls and was avaliable in all model Plymouths.

In the Dodge it came with a single 4bbl and was called the D500 engine.

Very interesting. Those early 60's engine parts are hard to come by. I seen a few of those cars at Carlisle last year which peaked my interest in the styling and craftsmanship in those cars. I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up this year.

The early, (50's), Chrysler corp cars all had their own engine design, for some strange reason. The Plymouth used the Poly design on its first V8 series engines. Dodge had a poly engine but it was closer to the design of the chrysler hemis, although very little interchanability with Chrysler and none with Plymouth.
Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler Hemi engines from 51 to 58 were all different from one another.
All this makes locating core engine parts diffacult for these cars. Aftermarket equipment for the early Plymouth & Dodge engines is like finding chicken lips.

We pi** & moan about finding some parts for our C bodys..... But the "forward Look" and earlier cars are a real challange. Sometimes just figuring out what the "RIGHT" part is can be a challange.

I'll be on the proul for a 318 poly 4bbl intake, carb and air filter at Carlisle. It's not that high of a priority but I would like to convert to the "Super Fury" option on my 61.

i have a weiand 4 barrel poly aluminum intake as well, they are a challenge to come by so im keeping it, they are asking almost 700 for one on ebay, THATS NUTS! i just hate to sell something because then if i have to replace it what i would have to pay, great facts by the way! see you at carlisle!

i have a weiand 4 barrel poly aluminum intake as well, they are a challenge to come by so im keeping it, they are asking almost 700 for one on ebay, THATS NUTS! i just hate to sell something because then if i have to replace it what i would have to pay, great facts by the way! see you at carlisle!

A Weiand single 4 bbl mainfold?

i just hate to sell something because then if i have to replace it what i would have to pay, see you at carlisle![/QUOTE]

I hear ya....... I've had a couple of these manifolds and let them go because I had no need for them, and let someone talk me out of them.
Now I can use one and it's gonna cost me a lot more then I sold the ones I had for...LOL.
I'm planning a OEM restro on my 61 Fury so if I do the swap it will need to be the original cast manifold...... Like the one you have.

yes a Weiand single 4 bbl manifold i do have, received it on a 64 dodge 440 acouple years back, ran like a champ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back