383 2 bl breather horn

1966 t and c

Reaction score
What direction should the breather horn point on a 383 2 bl, striaght forward, to the left, to the right, or does it really matter?

What direction should the breather horn point on a 383 2 bl, striaght forward, to the left, to the right, or does it really matter?

If the car has a heat stove on the manifold, the horn will be above the heat stove. Most of the others were straight forward.

Dave

No heat stove til 1970
All air cleaners prior to that had "FRONT" stamped on it.
Typically at 5 o'clock with or without air conditioning.Between the rad hose and
Mopar Magic 2007 019.jpg
compressor of equipped.

The dimples in the air cleaner are for clearing the compressor up front,and the wiper motor in back.

Here's how the air cleaner is positioned on my non AC 67 Newport. As Cbarge noted, 'FRONT' is stamped on the air cleaner, at least on mine, to show how it should be aligned.

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7233a.png

The dimples in the air cleaner are for clearing the compressor up front,and the wiper motor in back.
It would hit the hood torsion bars before the wiper motor though.

Can you show a pic of your 2-barrel air cleaner? This is a pic of my pops '66 TC. It originally came with a 2-barrel, but pops changed it over to a 4-barrel. Snorkel pointing forward as indicated by word "FRONT" and the dimple for the compressor as CBARGE pointed out.

2016-03-19 16.46.00.jpg

Back