383 with Headers-fit

Bayoulee

Reaction score
Hi looking at a 383 with headers to put in my 66 Sport Fury. He is not sure what the headers were from A, B, C etc. body. Is there a way to tell if it will fit in my My C body?
Thanks, Lee
I do have pic's that I could post if you can tell by looking.

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

Last edited:
Hi looking at a 383 with headers to put in my 66 Sport Fury. He is not sure what the headers were from A, B, C etc. body. Is there a way to tell if it will fit in my My C body?
Thanks, Lee
Ask for the part number. There are lists of ones that will fit.

I contacted him he said he couldnt find a number.

I ran that statement through my patented Sleazy Seller Translator and it spit out the following translation: "I know that these aren't C-Body headers, but if I just say "I don't know" then maybe you'll buy them and not leave me with a set of used headers I can't sell."

Thanks, Lee
They're not TTI but the layout of the tubes is the same. TTi have an unbroken mounting flange. The good news is, yes they will fit.

I do have the factory floor shift 727. So in a nutshell, it doesn't sound like there is a way to tell definitively by looking at them?

Not really. It's the difference in the torsion bars that makes or breaks 'em.

Thank you all. If i go this route and the headers dont fit, worst case scenario, could the exhaust manifolds off my 67 383 fit? Or would i be going backwards, and should i buy a set of headers?

Hey, Boats... Yeah, the stock manifolds would fit but whether you want to do it or not is not a given. A quick look at the motor shown makes it look like it's built for RPM's with that intake and manifolds will choke that down pretty good. If it's a stockish motor with that intake and you go to manifolds I'd also go with a different intake - but that's me, and as you know; opinions are much like a==holes, everyone has one and all but yours stinks.

Holy cow! Polara_500 is a genius.

Headers aside, why are you buying a 383 with a single plane intake for a c-body? Unless the rest of the package is going to match it, you might want look elsewhere.

Why do you need this engine? What do you expect from it?

Headers aside, why are you buying a 383 with a single plane intake for a c-body? Unless the rest of the package is going to match it, you might want look elsewhere.

1. Its close to where I live
2. its running
3. I don't want the single plane intake, but for the price I can change it.
4. He will take the bone stock 383 2bbl I originally had in on trade
5. The 318 currently in the car is about shot.

Also, reason Im going to a 383 is for more hp. Thanks

Hey, Boats... Yeah, the stock manifolds would fit but whether you want to do it or not is not a given. A quick look at the motor shown makes it look like it's built for RPM's with that intake and manifolds will choke that down pretty good. If it's a stockish motor with that intake and you go to manifolds I'd also go with a different intake - but that's me, and as you know; opinions are much like a==holes, everyone has one and all but yours stinks.
It has a cam also. If I take the stock 383 sitting in my shop, (that hasn't run in several years, and I personally have never heard run) and add an aluminum intake, 4 bbl carb, do away with the air cond. and buy all the non ac stuff, i'll have more than id have in his that is already running.

Back