3rd Seat '66 Fury wagon

roelb

Reaction score
Is it possible to fit the 3rd backwards looking seats in a '66 wagon? That is saying if I can find a set.....
As my wagon was ordered without , and was used as a hearse all its life, I would love to try and find/fit a 3 rd row.
I appreciate any help and input.
Thanks

2019-11-06 15.03.07.jpg

If you can find all the parts and pieces you most certainly can convert to a 9 passenger from a 6 passenger set-up. My 68 T/C wagon is an original 6 pass but I have pretty much everything to do the 9 pass conversion....one day. ;)

Best way would be to get a decent parts car with a third seat but that may not be easy in your location.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. So it is do able to convert to a 3 rd row.
As I have the only Fury wagon in South Africa I have to try and source a seat in the States. I've just brought in a front windscreen from there. It is more a matter of trying to find a parts car then......

Just make sure that if you don't get an entire parts wagon with the third seat and have to settle for just the parts, GET THE INNER WHEEL HOUSINGS SECTIONS WHERE THE MOUNTING BRACKETS ARE LOCATED FOR THE PIVOT POINTS FOR BOTH SECTIONS OF THOSE SEATS (BACK & BOTTOM) AND THE FORWARD SECTIONS OF THOSE WHEEL HOUSINGS ON BOTH SIDES WHERE THE SEAT BACK RESTS WHEN IT IS OPEN. A PITA I know but without all those wheel housing sections I mented you're heading for Victoria Falls in a rubber raft without ores. G.L. with your project, Jer

Thanks Jer, I appreciate the info. This looks more complicated than I thought being out here. Anyway, first thing in the new year is Poly stroker, and luckily I have everything I need for that, including stage 2 heads from Bruce Toth. Reading your advice I think I shall put the 3 row on the back burner for now. I really appreciate the input
regards, Roel

I didn't mean to scare you Roel, But I did a 22 year complete ground up on my 1961 New Yorker 9 passenger wagon between 1985 and 2007. And I helped a friend in Southern California(2300 Miles from me in Michigan at that time) convert his 1962 New Yorker from 6 Passenger to to 9 passenger during that 22 year span too. So I am very aware of the difficulties in making that happen. Better you know what you're playing with before jumping in? Regards and Happy Trails on your journey, Jer

I appreciate the input as well Jer....I had not thought about the brackets that would/might be attached to the inner wheel houses for the seats to pivot and move. Guess I'm still missing some pats. ;)

Back