4 speed New Yorker? Yes.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This has been discussed to death on one C-body forum and I'm too exasperated to go into the whole story again. It's been cursed since day 1 but I AM making headway.

I have decided to go the Pro-Tourer route with my 76 NYB.
I rebuilt the 440 to make it more potent.
Swapped the 2.71 rear to 3.55.
Installed am A-833 4 speed w/Hurst Comp+.
Entire clutch circuit is hydraulic (master and throwout bearing).
After 4 months of getting the T.O out from under a curse (supplier issues mostly), the last step is solving my master cyl. problem.
Ask away on anything that interests you.

wr1634.jpg

wr1634.jpg

I see two or more wires that have multiple butt connectors.
Scary thought of leaving them like that especially after the dash gets installed.
What you dont see on the milk crate is "Please return to StitcherBob" LOL!!
(private joke,long story,LOL)

Scary thought of leaving them like that especially after the dash gets installed.

That's another lesson Stitcher taught us. But he's Younger. It's not as tough on his back LOL

I can't blame Stan for not wanting to go through all this again. The original thread on the other forum is 35 pages long. It's pretty much on topic except for some ribbing back and forth. I for one supported the idea because it is different. Keep going Stan. . . You're pretty close to success

Here's the link with more explaination and photos.
http://www.moparfins.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3379&PN=1

Wait until I install that wire octipus in Polaraco. The harness IS better than the 72 harness though

Where did you get that sweet bucket seat?! ;)

sounds like things might start to turn in your favor.
Actually, I'm that |<---- 1" ---->| close to getting it working right.
Yesterday was a good day. Monday, I'll adjust the clutch pedal throw and that hopefully will be it.

HEY! Maybe joining FCBO was my lucky rabbits foot.

Mild street, somewhere between or weekend warrior? Any details on the build?
The notable upgrades was a steel crank (to accept the 4 speed), Comp .494 cam, 10.1 compression, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 750, custom curved distributer. Using the Comp Cam software, it should be making at least 400+ hp at the flywheel. Actually? Who knows. Just feels like it.

pictures would be nice. who was your slave cylinder supplier? pedal assembly?
No slave.
Late '80's Nissan Pathfinder master cylinder and a McLeod Racing hydraulic throw out bearing.
The pedal assembly was a highly modified stock brake pedal assembly with Jeep CJ clutch and brake pedals.

2801bnd.jpg

2801bnd.jpg

Lea: bare hot wires may be just the solution I have been looking for. LMAO!!!

Hope BOAB is doing well. Let these guys in on the story.

Monday

You're just 1" away from getting it done ! Do you need any help Monday ?
I'll come over and give you a hand.
After all it's my car unless you can get on the road again.

Just think of seeing me at the car shows in your NYB.

You're just 1" away from getting it done ! Do you need any help Monday ?
I'll come over and give you a hand.
After all it's my car unless you can get on the road again.
Just think of seeing me at the car shows in your NYB.
Good Guy Alert:
Folks: Meet Lance. He's been helping me from day 1 and he's always comes running if I need him. :sSig_thankyou:
PS: He's 1/2 Hillbilly and 1/2 Cuban so it's like talking to Desi Arnez if he was raised by the Clampetts.

Last edited:
Well, today was a milestone in New Yorker history.
The world's first and only, and most likely the last, Chrysler New Yorker with a 4 speed made its initial voyage around the neighborhood today.
My wife took a video of me putting it through it's paces but being a woman she screwed it up and it didn't come out.
Now I can start concentrating on putting the car back together and buttoning everything up.

Well, today was a milestone in New Yorker history.
The world's first and only, and most likely the last, Chrysler New Yorker with a 4 speed made its initial voyage around the neighborhood today.
My wife took a video of me putting it through it's paces but being a woman she screwed it up and it didn't come out.
Now I can start concentrating on putting the car back together and buttoning everything up.

Way to go Stan!!:congratualtions::VB toast:

Well Done. I never saw any reason for it not to be accomplished. :congratualtions:

Back