440 fender emblems in 67

Rodan

Reaction score
Question: would all 67 Dodge C bodies with L code 440's from the factory have had the 440 Magnum emblem on the fenders? I have seen some with and some without? Not sure if that means they were added or removed during restorations or repaint or if they came from the factory that way. I can't imagine there is a build sheet call out for something like that. Maybe some models/trim levels did and others didn't? Or is there no real definitive answer on if they did or didn't? Maybe USA/Canada spec difference? I figured if anybody knew the answer they would be a member here. Thanks!

Per the 1967 parts book the Dodges should have the emblem if so equipped but it was not a common option. There are probably many more that have added 440's than ever came that way from the factory.
67 dodge 440 1.jpg
67 dodge 440 2.jpg

Thank you for that! I don't suppose that book happens to show proper placement of said emblem like measurements etc?
Parts books don't give that info, that would be on an engineering drawing that's probably lost to time. Incidentally the parts books are not necessarily an end-all, there very likely could have been some that came without the emblem depending on build date & plant. If one came without the emblem I wouldn't bother adding it.

Question: would all 67 Dodge C bodies with L code 440's from the factory have had the 440 Magnum emblem on the fenders? I have seen some with and some without? Not sure if that means they were added or removed during restorations or repaint or if they came from the factory that way. I can't imagine there is a build sheet call out for something like that. Maybe some models/trim levels did and others didn't? Or is there no real definitive answer on if they did or didn't? Maybe USA/Canada spec difference? I figured if anybody knew the answer they would be a member here. Thanks!
When you say, all 67 dodge c bodies.. you mean polara and monaco? What do you have.
I thought the 67 monaco 500s did not have a call out. Just 500 on the front.
I have 2 68 monaco 500s L code. Both were 440 at the front by the marker lamp.
Interestingly, the one that still had the emblems were "four barrel ", not magnum.

Specifically the 67 Monaco 500, yes. In the Dodge brochure for 67 they show a 4 door Monaco with the call outs but it's obviously not the 500. I saw the light turquoise 500 that's been discussed a few times on this site had them so I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be there or not. They looked factory but I did think it a bit odd that you would have the 500 emblem on the front section of the fender and then another emblem for the 440 back near the door.

Back