440 Paint

monaco75

Reaction score
Getting close to painting my 440 on the engine stand. Was wondering what way you guys think is the best way to paint it? I've seen guys paint them with a brush, spray gun, and aerosol. I'm gonna use Bill hirsh engine paint, and can do any of the above.

The engine will be completely assembled.

If you can use a spray gun, that would be the quickest, but rattle cans do the trick too!

You saw my Eastwood shots, right Zac?
Brushed:

311mgqo.jpg

Thank you guys! Yea the spray cans would be a lot easier, but I firgured the brush would fill the little holes in better, making for a much nicer/glossy finish.

Who knows though, I might just break down and buy the mopar performance spray paint. I don't see the later 74 mopar blue on the bill hirsch website anymore.. I've still got some time to figure everything out.

Stan, that looks great!! I thought you were using the mopar performance spray paint though??

If you are going for originality, don't worry too much about how it looks. The factory didn't. There was over spray here and there, occasional runs, thin paint, and I have owned cars that had bare areas where they missed. A real pretty engine is... well, real pretty, but not real accurate.

Pictures Zac pictures.......LOL!

Will do Bob! Nothing changed yet. Still on the stand the same way I left it. Tax $$ came in, and picked up some new rocker arms for it. Also ordered the shumacher big block conversion mounts.

The rocker arms are the last piece of the puzzle for the engine. Gotta get out to the garage, and get her back together. Still need a starter, and radiator though..... Hell I need a complete car to put the motor into first! lol

No, I'll go through, and detail everything. No rusty A/C compressor. Need to dig all the bolts, and accesories out of the boxes in the attic.

Stan, I'll take the champion...

Thanks guys!

Will do Bob! Nothing changed yet. Still on the stand the same way I left it. Tax $$ came in, and picked up some new rocker arms for it. Also ordered the shumacher big block conversion mounts.

The rocker arms are the last piece of the puzzle for the engine. Gotta get out to the garage, and get her back together. Still need a starter, and radiator though..... Hell I need a complete car to put the motor into first! lol

Damn, dude, that looks great.

Sure doe look great, thermoquad looks great also! Did you buy it like that or rebuild the carb and if you dont mind asking what did u clean it with?

Sure doe look great, thermoquad looks great also! Did you buy it like that or rebuild the carb and if you dont mind asking what did u clean it with?

Ross (stormer) gave me the motor a while back. Came out of his red Imperial. Carb needs a rebuild. Deff going to stay with the thermoquad!

Alot of elbow grease cleaning the engine. A few nights with some wire wheels, amd a few cans of carb clraner.

Back