440 prices

Shelbyz08

Reaction score
What do you guys think 440 blocks are worth, ran across a guy with 3 of them, one unknown date probably mid 70s complete 440 from a motor home, a 73 440 block, complete from the pistons to the pan and a bare 77 block. I know the 73 and 77 block need machining there all rusty, no clue on the other, there's one 73 HP exhaust manifold and 5 heads. I know 2 are 906. Everything basically cores

He's at $400 thinking of offering him $300 don't really want the stuff but thinking the blocks might be worth at least 100, that one HP manifold at least 75-100 heads 100 a pair and I could keep the one motor for my fury

Heads are basically worthless. Blocks at $100 if you need them in that rough condition.
$75 on the hp Mani maybe.

Internals are worthless imo.

I've got a few out of motorhomes over the last couple years from a local junkyard. I give them $300 or trade scrap iron.

Pretty much what I was thinking, everything was under machinery too so I couldn't look at stuff that close. It looked like St one point the 73 block was rebuilt and I don't know if it was ever ran, it had flat top pistons and no lip on the cylinder but enough surface rust I can't tell so IDK if that blocks even good

I think I probably could sell those 906 heads. Some of the prices on crap blow me away lol. Im probably going to offer him 300 knowing if I get it I got s complete core 440 to mess around with for that and maybe I can sell some of the other parts

Its a different World Fellas, last year a friend of mine who has Hemi cars, sold a '73 complete engine out of a Jensen needing a rebuild for $3400...yes, thats right, i called him up when the ad finished to see if he had sold it, he said he wished he had another 20 it was in demand that much,
You Fellas are so lucky LOL

Back