440 stealth heads

Moose440

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with 440 source stealth heads and seeing aluminum shavings In the on break in. Maybe 40 miles on rebuild and new stealth heads and I found aluminum shavings. The engine builder tried to tell me it was from where the bottom of the valve springs sits there just wearing in. I’m going to call 440 source on Monday to see if this is normal. I can’t find anything on google. Thanks.

Might be normal cuttings and such, but should a brass (or similar) shim be under the valve springs? For the springs to contact rather than the bare alum casting?

Where are the shavings appearing?

CBODY67

Might be normal cuttings and such, but should a brass (or similar) shim be under the valve springs? For the springs to contact rather than the bare alum casting?

Where are the shavings appearing?

CBODY67
I seen them on the dip stick and called the guy who built the motor and he had it towed to his shop that day and then he called me today to say that’s what it is.

And they got past the oil pump and filter? Or were just washed down by the oil flowing to the crankcase? Just curious. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
CBODY67

Back