57 300 barn find

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Matt....... Heres one in your back yard......!
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4060049275.html

00J0J_k4FNmQATcHz_600x450.jpg

Looks like all the parts are there. Someone already restoring one will grab that very quickly.

That is within 10 miles from me if anybody is interested, that's all I'm sayin'.

Being what it is it'll get restored
I think your right Dave.... To rare and desirable to part out.

It really dosen't look so bad..... It seems complete, good glass & trim. Even if the pans are totally rusted it wouldn't be that big a deal for the guy who wants one. 3-4K in sheetmetal work.... The rest is just cubic dollars.

Thats what I'm thinking Will, these arent bought and done by cheap C body owners. These cars are done by fellows with deep pockets

I love the color......I would guess a pretty penny because a price is not listed. My first instinct is $20k what he is asking.

It needs new fenders as they are all rusted out at the brows and around the light buckets, the rockers are rusted out and who knows about the frame, inner fenders, inner and outer quarters, etc. There is a TON of metal work that needs to be done on that car to make it right. The grill looks tweaked too. It will take very deep pockets to do that car correctly. It would possibly be worth it if it was a factory A/C car with Power Windows and Seat. It is a rare color though. It's a shame someone let it get that bad.

The 300 Club is aware of this car, but even the deep pocket fellers are hesitant to take on a new project with this much work. Extensive metal work + replacement parts = $$$$$. Hopefully, someone will fall in love with the color and bring this car back to life as an act of love. Otherwise it'll be parted out which is tragic but a reflection of current economics.

Ad states "sitting in an enclosed shed 30 years". About the same 30 years ago a local guy had a '57 300-C in Parade Green,a rare color on these, in his carport.My buddy Jim and I would drive by it often as it was near his house,we didn't realize it was a 300 at first,I just knew it was a Chrysler and most likely was a Hemi! One day the guy was outside so we decided to stop and ask about it,we were in my friends '69 Satellite,this was '82-'83,so he knew we were Mopar guys. The owner was happy to tell us about the car and how it used to chirp the tires going into third gear,at 103 MPH!He would have started it for us,but explained the exhaust was bad and it would rattle the windows.The car was clean,the leather was in good shape,the 392 had all it equipment,including the air cleaners.He even had NOS 300 emblems for the quarters.Before we left,I gave him my number and said,if you ever want to sell this car...Well,not long after that I see an ad in the Sunday paper for a 1957 300 with the guys phone number,wait I didn't get a call,so I called! I show up to look at it in my black,lifted,'73 CJ5. The son and the wife show me the car again,( I think they divorced and she got the car)we never really get to a price,but she says"my son really likes your Jeep",as in I could trade the Jeep for the Chrysler. I didn't,I needed a daily driver and the 300 couldn't be it,or so I thought at the time,and we never arrived at a price.So,I missed it.It showed up at a body shop lot for a while,and then disappeared,I always regretted that one. In my saving grace I did eventually trade the Jeep for what has been my favorite car I have ever owned,a 1969 Road Runner! Maybe I'll call this guy,I can weld and paint...
RT

That was a good story, thanks. Like I said, I live close to this one and would love to go for a look.

That was a good story, thanks. Like I said, I live close to this one and would love to go for a look.

If I lived close enough I think I would go check it out weather I intended to buy or not.... Just to see the car, feel out the owner to see how motivated he is.
You just dont know what may come of it.... Maybe trade for a snow blower....LOL.

Dave. Why do yeah think them deep pocket guyz got deep pockets? They'll let some one else spend the time and money to restore one and then buy it from the widow when the guy goez toez up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back