NOT MINE '57 300 C

For Sale Ads From Other Sites

1. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

Not mine. This looks like a lot of car for the money.

1957 Chrysler 300 C - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

57 Chrysler 300c. Solid car with no rust. 392 hemi starts and runs great. It is a very solid garage find that has been parked for over 30 years. I can deliver to the Pomona swap meet for free if interested. The car is near Prescott AZ.

00X0X_kU0habIHx2Fz_0uY0hq_1200x900.jpg
    00707_e2OJZbrx4D5z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00909_8fimbeYoDhrz_0uY0hq_1200x900.jpg
    00l0l_6UI3MnF8SVOz_0uY0hq_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_7kEVHUWKUd9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Fully loaded and in overall nice shape. Even has factory a/c which is rare. A very good restoration candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. commando1

commando1 One Sick Puppy FCBO Gold Member

If I scraped up the coin to buy this beauty, I wouldn't have a nickel to restore it. :(

4. bluefury361

bluefury361 Old Man with a Hat

If it is still original I don't think restoring it would be the best option. I'd think deep cleaning, mechanical upgrades and detailing would be the correct avenue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. bluefury361

A/C........ Hummmmmmm I wonder if he would trade for a nice Polara 500 convertible.....

• Like Like x 2
  6. amazinblue82

amazinblue82 Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

If I move PD4501 out another year I could chin this with "orange money" and live to tell about it ...(might have to sell a couple other projects tho) ... only if what bluefury361 says is actually possible (and he definitely knows his stuff BTW).

7. Toolmanmike

Toolmanmike Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow, a few min with some tire cleaner on those new skins and it would be a dandy. Cool car for sure and who wouldn't want a Hemi.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

I dunno Will........the interior isn't original and in looking under the hood, everything will need to be gone though to get it to run well.

The reality to me would be that I would end up taking everything apart anyway just to get things to work well.

One could try to do what you suggest but I don't think I personally could be satisfied with the results.

But you have done this before too, so its your call!

All I know for sure is that my 300C was in about the same shape or actually a little better than this example and I made the call to restore it rather than just clean up its original patina and get it running pretty good. I am glad I did. You have seen the result.......................and I doubt this black one would take significantly less work than this one did...........................

300C #1 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

I did this one almost 40 years ago and it still looks the same today. I can get in it any time and know that I can just enjoy it rather than have to fix a bunch of things either to just enjoy the experience. That is worth a lot to me.

To me, this is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed and its driving experience is surprisingly modern and satisfying as well. Amazing cars that were way more advanced for the time period than what the other manufacturers provided.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  9. bluefury361

One could try to do what you suggest but I don't think I personally could be satisfied with the results.

But you have done this before too, so its your call!

All I know for sure is that my 300C was in about the same shape or actually a little better than this example and I made the call to restore it rather than just clean up its original patina and get it running pretty good. I am glad I did. You have seen the result.......................and I doubt this black one would take significantly less work than this one did...........................

View attachment 480117

I did this one almost 40 years ago and it still looks the same today. I can get in it any time and know that I can just enjoy it rather than have to fix a bunch of things either to just enjoy the experience. That is worth a lot to me.

To me, this is one of the most beautiful cars ever designed and its driving experience is surprisingly modern and satisfying as well. Amazing cars that were way more advanced for the time period than what the other manufacturers provided.[/QUOTE

I know your right Steve. Long term storage takes a invisible toll on a car. The Polara I refurbished is a good example.

My thoughts are directed towards creating a reliable driver quality vehicle. Materials and services available 40 years ago are not as available today. Chrome plating alone has risen at least 600% in that time, as have most services. A proper restoration will put one upside on a car like this. One would need to put aside perfection and learn to enjoy the car as is.
    Even a refurbishing of this car will expensive and challenging

I'm thinking this car underwent a cosmetic restoration some time in the past and was stored upon completion, or something close to that.
    As you said....... One of the most beautiful cars out there. I'll likely continue to be a dreamer. :rolleyes:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  10. commando1

commando1 One Sick Puppy FCBO Gold Member

Except he's got the stamina of a guy half his age and the patience of Job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. twostick

twostick Senior Member

Short a carburetor isn't it?

Kevin

12. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

Off the car.

00L0L_7BGsgaggdKvz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

13. FK3 Sport Fury

FK3 Sport Fury Hoser in a toque

I love that colour combo even if the exterior has been changed.
    With the interior being as nice as it is, I think I could just enjoy the car as it is cosmetically once it’s been gone through mechanically and electrically.

14. fc7_plumcrazy

fc7_plumcrazy Old Man with a Hat

no takers yet