57 belvedere

goodneighbour

Reaction score
I'm sure by now everyone has seen the C of dreams thread with the 57 up for auction. I'm asking you forward look guys and gals is their anything that you see that says this is not a 19000 original mile car? Under the hood has me wondering but yes a 60 year old engine would look like that. I can post the pics I have here if you like. The owner says his gramps said it was. I know nothing about these other than its drop dead georgeous!

Last edited:
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
Here is what I got
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG

A close inspection of the ware on the brake pedal or in this case there shouldn't be any.

From what I see, 18K or 118K, If it can be had for around the 20/25K mark, go for it. The bumper ends alone are worth $2500.00
Just get used to folks yelling "Christine" where ever you go, even though it is a 57.

There's a special place in hell for the low ballers and negative opinion low life's who feel obligated to degrade everyone else's stuff.

I failed to mention in the original post that the "C of dreams thread is in the mopars for sale forum incase everyone hasn't seen the 16 cars.

Thanks for the thread!! My older brother had a 58 fury that I loved and I have chased them for years. The very closest I got to it is a 60 Phoenix conv.

The white handgrips on a deluxe 57 wheel have small raised bumps across the entire surface. I used to own a 57 belvedere with 120k miles on it. The upper front and sides were worn completly smooth, the bottom was worn about 60% and on the backside lower section (rarely gripped) the bumps were quite defined and sharp. I would think on a low mileage car the handgrip bumps would still be present and not worn away by hand friction from steering.
However, a previous NOS steering wheel replacement would make this moot.
Sorry, I have a photo but cant seem to attach it.

The white handgrips on a deluxe 57 wheel have small raised bumps across the entire surface. I used to own a 57 belvedere with 120k miles on it. The upper front and sides were worn completly smooth, the bottom was worn about 60% and on the backside lower section (rarely gripped) the bumps were quite defined and sharp. I would think on a low mileage car the handgrip bumps would still be present and not worn away by hand friction from steering.
However, a previous NOS steering wheel replacement would make this moot.
Sorry, I have a photo but cant seem to attach it.
Welcome. Finally a post after almost five years. :welcome:

A Michigan lurker.

The car sold for $25k Canadian. It was a West Virginia car that was repainted in Canada. For a good part of the morning it had a starting bid of $18,500, so I started looking over it a bit closer. Both front fenders had repair work done above the headlights and quite a bit on the passenger quarter before the wheelhouse. It was probably a 5 footer. A good detail and some blow ins by an expert would go a long way as the whole car presented itself well. I think the $25k was fair to the buyer and seller.

Dave

Back