'59 Chrysler New Yorker Coupe FS on Craigs

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
is it worth it? at least a phone call?

1959 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 2-DOOR - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

1959 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 2-DOOR - $14500 (Cathedral City - (Palm Springs area))
<image 1 of 19>
00s0s_iEp2BedLRdf_600x450.jpg

1959 Chrysler New Yorker 2-door hardtop. One of 2435 made, not many left. This car has almost all options! Besides the standard power steering, automatic trans., & power brakes, it has:

* Factory A/C
* Power windows
* 6-way Power seat
* Swivel bucket seats
* Mirror-Matic
* Auto Pilot cruise control
* Tinted glass

It has lived its life in Van Nuys & Hollywood, California, so it's rust free. My friend Hank was in the process of rebuilding the engine, and he died 2 years ago. The 413 V8 block was disassembled, boiled out, machined & painted; the heads were rebuilt, all new pistons & rebuild parts bought, and it just needed assembly, then he died July, 2018.

I got the car from his estate but haven't reassembled it, and now I'm not working so need to sell it. I'm the 4th owner. The clear title is in my name, and it's non-op, no fees due. All paperwork is totally clear and in order, and it has its California Black Plates, all ready to go back on the road.

The body is straight and in very good rust-free condition, the glass & chrome is in good condition, and lots of extra trim pieces are included! Have beautiful tail lights, (also radio & ash tray that are not shown in photos).

It is complete, and I can deliver if needed (have truck & trailer). I planned to put the engine back in it & keep it for myself, and I didn't anticipate selling it, so the photos aren't as good as they should be.

I want to find a good home for it with a Forward Look fan, so serious only please, no goofballs or idiots. This ad starting in May is the first time ever advertised. Asking $14,500 or reasonable offer. Please call or text or email Patrick, thank you!

Definitely some engine, etc., work to be done, but beautiful otherwise - you just do NOT see these. Hope it finds the right home, probably needs someone with DEEP pockets, but what a car to be "upside down" on...….

The a/c stuff seems to be missing and that makes me wonder what else? Nice car but probably a hard sell these days. If it was a 1960 model the story would be different.

Great car, as stated almost the worst year. They lost the 392 and altered the great body of the 58.

Yes it looks like firewall was white, and the factory paints firewall the same color as the body. Red paint looks weathered on the trunk lid.

The AC box comes way out of the firewall and hangs over the engine a tad. Some folks have trouble pulling the engine with that box there so they remove it. But it is not necessary to remove the box. It’s a large bulky box with many parts, do hope they saved it and labeled it.

They have the cast iron trans hanging from that wood plank laying on top of the fenders. Not the way to go there. Bolt a metal piece across the front of the bellhousing an rest it on the frame rails. It works really nice on these cars.

where did the trim disappear to from the front and rear glass?

That's a 2-door hardtop, just like the ad says. If those rear windows are fixed, then it would be a coupe.

Any two door car is considered a coupe whether the rear windows go down or not. Chrysler actually may have been the one who came up the the new definition of coupe as a cheap two door that the rear windows don't roll down on with the 1968 Road Runner and Super Bee.

Jeff

$.02
No “B” pillar = 2dr hardtop in my book.
“B” pillar = coupe. Fixed window or not.

To me that's a stunning car, 59 or not, and the asking price is not out of line if all the parts are there. It's very rare and has the most desirable asset of any old car, a straight rust-free body. There can't be more than a handful of rust-free examples left, that might be the only one.

Back