59 Dodge Custom Royal sedan interior color/external paint combos

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
im looking at a 59 Dodge, the body tag is missing so i have no idea what the original paint color was.....
the interior is a pinky rust salmonish color but the car has been painted gold and white -
light gold body, white roof & fins & lower body in the proper factory style.
i cant imagine dodge would have done this combo from the factory, it just looks off to me...
does any body have any info on what the recommended paint and interior colors were for 59 Dodges ?
the paint was done a long time ago and very well, i cant see any other color there.
the vin tag has been removed as well so the door jamb is all gold as well.

any thoughts - was this an original combo ?

20210417_104806.jpg

20210417_105636.jpg

20210417_105807.jpg

20210417_110205.jpg

20210417_110235.jpg

20210417_110334.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's more of a copper color? That's what the photos look like on my screen at least. Copper and gold (or brass) are somewhat compatible.

I am never supersized at some of the color combos on 50's era Mopars. It was the practice for folks to special order their cars then. No accounting for tastes..... and color blindness.

The color combo remind me of some metal ware from that era. 1959 Gold Poly certainly looks much darker on the paint chart. Any known history on that one? Cool find at any rate.

1959 Chrys Corp colors.jpg

I am never supersized at some of the color combos on 50's era Mopars. It was the practice for folks to special order their cars then. No accounting for tastes..... and color blindness.
Supersized??:poke::lol:

the car has a 361 that actually runs well - as long as you have a hose blasting water into the rad, theres a pretty big crack in the block..... ps, pb & 3 speed torqueflite . my buddy who owns the car will throw in a good 413 for it.
the unverified story on the car is that all the trim & bumpers were removed and the car was stripped and painted, most of the trim was put back on. its thought that once it was discovered that the block was cracked it was put on the back burner and never touched again - it was stored in a barn for at least 30 years ( no chickens).
there is a big envelope somewhere with title/regi and some paperwork, hopefully the body tags might be in there.
my buddy just has to find it......
im not in any rush to buy it and hes not in a rush to sell; could be a year or so before we do the deal, ive got other projects and a new garage being built.

My best friend has the same car and it’s rose quartz and white on the exterior. It’s definitely the original color because his dad bought it new and it’s always been in the family.

got abit more 3rd hand info on the car, it was definitely repainted in probably a less bright color combo than original.
discovered theres more fibreglass repair work than im comfortable with.
theres someone who wants it more than i do so im going to pass on it, ive got too many others to keep plugging away on.

Back