Not open for further replies.

59 PlySuburban

Reaction score
Contact seller
1959 Plymouth Suburban Sport Wagon
318 V8 with Pushbutton Torqueflite
P/S,P/B,A/C, Swivel bucket seats ,Electric rear window, Rear facing third seat
Car has been repainted to original colors
I had the fuel tank redone, rebuilt the transmission, rebuilt the carburetor, the generator. I converted the front brakes to disc but still have all original front drum parts
All Chrome and windows good. Has good wide whitewall tires.
I have rear fender skirts and an original roof rack for the car
Have manuals and original order form from owner and dealer when car was ordered
Car runs and drives nice. You don't see any of these around
Make offer

IMG_0137.JPG

Brian's iPhone 11-9-13 013 (2).jpg

Brian's iPhone 11-9-13 009 (2).jpg

Brian's iPhone 11-9-13 010 (2).jpg

Brian's iPhone 11-9-13 011 (2).jpg

Brian's I phone 11-13-12 036 (640x480).jpg

Brian's iPhone 11-9-13 016 (2).jpg

IMG_0629 (2).jpg

IMG_0601 (2).jpg

IMG_0603 (2).jpg

I'd recommend posting this on Bring-A-Trailer, where you get big exposure to a higher-class (than Craigslist, etc.) of buyer that will truly appreciate this amazing wagon. Well optioned, great condition, and fetching, period colors...... hope it finds a good home... thanks for posting here for us to drool over. Not quite "creamsicle" orange, but it's making me want one again......

If it doesn't sell.....bring it to Chrysler's at Carlisle in July. Good chance you can get a decent price for it there with maximum exposure.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - Collector Car Show and Swap Meet, Everything Mopar, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, AMC, Jeep, and RAM
also a great place to show/sell it - not just in the regular car corral, but in one of the covered buildings. The space isn't cheap, but this is where the really nice, high dollar cars (like this one) SHOULD be displayed.

Wow!!! I love this wagon! It would look great parked next to my 59 Sport Fury! Any idea on the ball park asking price?

Well the NADA report says:
Low Retail $11,406
Avg Retail $23,490
High Retail $57,510

Things I’ve seen in Hemmings were around these prices but you just don’t find anything that has been sold recently that is in the kind of shape this is in. You just don’t see these cars around.

A member had lately success selling a car advertised on hemmings only.
There is also the forwardlooknet message board with an active scene and many lurkers.

ebay brings a lot of exposure, too.
Unless like BAT you will find many europeans there, too.

This one sold at BAT for 22k $ lately

1959 Plymouth Custom Suburban

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back