6.4 Hemi swap into 65 Fury

Who's oil pan did you use?
Did moving it forward cause the interference with the steering box?
Moving forward should help with the tunnel I suppose.
Are you using oem computers? I will be turbo charging so eventually I need ms3 gold + sound German controller + hotwire harness.

Who's oil pan did you use?
Did moving it forward cause the interference with the steering box?
Moving forward should help with the tunnel I suppose.
Are you using oem computers? I will be turbo charging so eventually I need ms3 gold + sound German controller + hotwire harness.
I used Milodon 31000 oil pan. It's a center sump. If your set up is from a car, it's probably a rear sump, or a front sump from a truck. Moving it forward created a small issue with the box, but I'm swapping a srt8 motor in. It's a larger exhaust manifold.Im using exhaust manifolds from Mopar Performance for a srt8 jeep. I had to grind down a small area to clear. If your using a 5.7, you might get away with it. 5.7 manifolds are smaller. So far, it's all hooked up, steering and exhaust. I can say it can be done. I'm using a Borgeson steering box. It's a smaller body box, and can accept the pressure from the new pump. Your original pump will not take the pressure from the new pump. Or, Bouchillan has a reduced pressure pump. I'm going to use a harness and computers from Hotwireauto.com.

Taking advantage of the mild January, and February weather here! Windshield is back in, The radiator and hoses are in place. New fans installed. Custom driveshaft is made to fit. Now working on the Vintage Air kit installing the AC condenser, drier, and hoses.

20200125_172137.jpg

20200125_172137.jpg

20200125_172146.jpg

20200127_151444.jpg

20200125_172203.jpg

20200125_172137.jpg

20200125_172146.jpg

20200127_151439.jpg

20200127_151444.jpg

I hope everyone is doing well during this quarenteen. Still moving along with the Hemi swap. All of the controllers, and the computer is installed.Installed the shifter, and console from the 2013 Challenger. Upgraded to power brakes, and finished the Vintage Air set up.
And YES the one line that goes over the radiator support to the condenser is correct. That's the way that the vintage air kit comes , and that's how they explain to install it in the instructions. Vintage air does not have a kit for C body cars, so I used a kit for B body cars. It worked out just fine. LOL.
Just a little more wiring, and it will be ready to go! STAY SAFE ALL!!

20200412_125712.jpg

20200415_135712.jpg

nice job again , i may have to something like that to my 67 300 rag , that looks like a killer driver . any words on the how to n nots ? i've got brackets ordered up to convert from drums to disc's with viper calipers for another project . just might have to copy that kit a few times to cover this conversion as well . i do have a 70-72 disc setup for my c bodies now . i want to run my old school vintage americans , won't fit over the 11.75 with chrysler calipers . it fits with gm calipers . but thats not right , said to say . so the viper caliper works . so on with your show , sorry i get side tracked off'in , lol .

DSC03371.JPG

Hey!! That 67 looks nice and straight! As for the dos and nots... my biggest mistake, (which was corrected) was the location of the motor to the steering box. Clearance from the exhaust manifold to the steering box was so tight, that I couldn't get a power steering line installed without the line hitting the manifold. The SRT8 manifolds are more beefier than the 5.7 manifolds.
There is a "sweet spot" for the motor mounts to be welded down so you do have clearance for the steering box , and you can still make the exhaust flow through the tortion bars with clearance.
A buddy of mine is using the GM style disk brakes on his 69 B body RR. It's a rear set up from a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado . Very common in the disk brake conversions. He loves it. I'm not sure if your American wheels will clear, but that conversion will probably save you a few bucks and work just as well.

Back