For Sale 62 Imperial Hardtop - $21,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I really really like this car. I don't think I have ever seen one of these.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chrysler/imperial/1828095.html

54876311-770-0@2X.jpg

Seller’s Description:

This Raven Black Imperial Crown is a relatively high-end quality driver. Turn-key condition in every aspect, equipped with all the amenities one would expect from an Imperial, including: air conditioning, power windows, power seat, power door locks, power antenna, power steering and brakes. All the equipment operates as it should, even the original radio! One very rare cruiser that turns head everywhere it goes. Driving this beauty around would bring great pleasure to any driver!

Price: $21,500

nice car. I like it too, particularly in profile. not original seats/door panels though, right?

00-1-1.jpg
00-1-2.jpg
00-2-0.jpg
00-2-1.jpg
00-2-1-1.jpg
00-2-1-2.jpg
00-1-5.jpg
00-1-3-1.jpg
00-1-3-0.jpg
00-1-4.jpg

Yeah. The interior would need to be re-done, but it looks ok for $21,500. The goofy air cleaner has to go too.

Thanks for posting the pictures. The computer police here at work are dicking with my photo uploads.

Yeah. The interior would need to be re-done, but it looks ok for $21,500. The goofy air cleaner has to go too.

Thanks for posting the pictures. The computer police here at work are dicking with my photo uploads.

NP man. same thing happened to me. I saw the photos were 1200x800 so i tried to copy direct from Hemmings site. They came up in the post, then wihtin minutes the links were broken.

So I did old fashioned way. Copy, rename and save to my PC, then post here. I think certain sites (like hemmings) discourage direct copy/paste to another SITE .. but i dunno.

Anway, There's a few grand to get interior original again i would guess? hard-to-find trim/emblems etc? I know ZERO about it .. just guessin' aloud. :). And underhood doesnt look quite right with that aircleaner and who knows what else.

STILL, i dig it!

I really really like this car. I don't think I have ever seen one of these.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chrysler/imperial/1828095.html

54876311-770-0@2X.jpg

Seller’s Description:

This Raven Black Imperial Crown is a relatively high-end quality driver. Turn-key condition in every aspect, equipped with all the amenities one would expect from an Imperial, including: air conditioning, power windows, power seat, power door locks, power antenna, power steering and brakes. All the equipment operates as it should, even the original radio! One very rare cruiser that turns head everywhere it goes. Driving this beauty around would bring great pleasure to any driver!

Price: $21,500
I believe this is an Imperial Custom (the bottom of the line). There's no crown above the second "i" in Imperial. Great looking car from the side shot, but I'd like it a whole lot more without those ill-fitting fender skirts and that no-imagination interior has got to go for sure. I think this car is fairly priced IF it had an original interior in it, but all of the money someone spent to put that mucky mohair in there was wasted. I'm sure SMS could easily provide the right fabrics, but the door panels will be more work.

Speaking of '62s or '61s for that matter, anybody got any service bulletins for these years they want to part with?

I believe this is an Imperial Custom (the bottom of the line). There's no crown above the second "i" in Imperial. Great looking car from the side shot, but I'd like it a whole lot more without those ill-fitting fender skirts and that no-imagination interior has got to go for sure. I think this car is fairly priced IF it had an original interior in it, but all of the money someone spent to put that mucky mohair in there was wasted. I'm sure SMS could easily provide the right fabrics, but the door panels will be more work.

Speaking of '62s or '61s for that matter, anybody got any service bulletins for these years they want to part with?

You didn't mention the fuzzy dice. . .

Boy that is sharp! Needs driver's side door hinges.

The interior would have to be redone, no matter what. That looks like an attempt at a Tijuana roll job in cloth, versus Naugahyde. Figure $5K to do that right in the right materials, minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back