63 880 CHP Car

Dan Scully

Reaction score
Going to look at this tomorrow, any knowledge out there on these? It has a 413 and 15 inch wheels other than that ,it is all I know. Anything specific to look for to tell if its the real deal? Thanks

Going to look at this tomorrow, any knowledge out there on these? It has a 413 and 15 inch wheels other than that ,it is all I know. Anything specific to look for to tell if its the real deal? Thanks

The were popular with CHP, decode the build tag to verify. The 413 was available on the '63 dodge 880 with the pursuit package, they also came with 7.60x15 rubber as standard equipment. A few were also produced with the ram induction package. I have a Hemmings article on these cars, if you PM me with an E-Mail, I can send it to you, file will not load on this site.

Dave

The were popular with CHP, decode the build tag to verify. The 413 was available on the '63 dodge 880 with the pursuit package, they also came with 7.60x15 rubber as standard equipment. A few were also produced with the ram induction package. I have a Hemmings article on these cars, if you PM me with an E-Mail, I can send it to you, file will not load on this site.

Dave

PM Sent Thanks!

The Dodge 880 was a cross between a Chrysler Newport and a Dodge. CHP had a minimum 122" wheelbase spec that Dodge didn't have a car for, in '63. Chrysler wanted the business and the '880" was the result. Kept the CHP happy! Needed a "Dodge" rather than a "Chrysler", for what it was worth. MOTOR TREND did a road test of an 880.

CBODY67

Well looked at it yesterday. Could not get LT door open to get a pic of the tag. I did not see a tag outside anywhere and assume it is on the LT a pillar like my 64 880? Grey interior, certified speedo , 413, white steering wheel, LT a pillar has a bondo plug where spotlight was , LT top over 1/4 panel hole has another bondo plug where antenna was. 15 wheels with I believe are truck small hub caps? Poss wrong radiator , battery heat shield there, 4 blade fan (wrong ?) Seller is a pro car , fire truck , police vehicle enthusiast , so pretty sure its the real deal. Engine stuck either from sitting or ? Has the Prestolite dual point ,tach drive distributor. To buried and dirty to get any good pics . Body appears to be super solid. To rich for me at $4500 , if I had less projects and it was cheaper I might take it on as I have plenty of 880 parts but not in the cards at this moment.

Last edited:
Well looked at it yesterday. Could not get LT door open to get a pic of the tag. I did not see a tag outside anywhere and assume it is on the LT a pillar like my 64 880? Grey interior, certified speedo , 413, white steering wheel, LT a pillar has a bondo plug where spotlight was , LT top over 1/4 panel hole has another bondo plug where antenna was. 15 wheels with I believe are truck small hub caps? Poss wrong radiator , battery heat shield there, 4 blade fan (wrong ?) Seller is a pro car , fire truck , police vehicle enthusiast , so pretty sure its the real deal. Engine stuck either from sitting or ? Has the Prestolite duel point ,tach drive distributor. To buried and dirty to get any good pics . Body appears to be super solid. To rich for me at $4500 , if I had less projects and it was cheaper I might take it on as I have plenty of 880 parts but not in the cards at this moment.

The tag should be on the drivers door pillar. Prestolite distributor is probably correct. Probably over priced if the engine is stuck. Could just be from sitting, but could also have had a head gasket or bearing problem. Car is not worth very much if the engine happens to be beyond repair. Too bad.

Dave

Back