WANTED 63 imperial carrier bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana

Woodruff Carburetor Specialties
FCBO Vendor
Reaction score
Contact seller
I think it interchanges with other years. Just looking for a rebuildable core. Thanks

Still looking

With a two piece drive shaft, there's a need for a "carrier bearing" to support the middle. Only used on Imps and some trucks by Chrysler, (at least as far as I'm aware).

More commonly known as a driveshaft 'Center Bearing'.

A lot of trucks use them, so do Limos, all dependent on wheelbase & height.

not mine and kind of far away
1964 - 1965 Chrysler Imperial Drive shaft Running boards
1964 - 1965 Chrysler Imperial Drive shaft Running boards (san dimas)
01717_1WljqvY6Iqu_600x450.jpg

01010_4GJqhVYG3yg_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_6a39tNtd9tM_600x450.jpg

original 2 piece drive shaft from either a a 64 or 65 Chrysler imperial.
may also work with other years ?
These parts are almost impossible to find.
Selling for $245

Also have stainless door running boards or bumper fill pieces ?, $140

please include your ph number in your reply, and I will call you,
if ad is up, then it is available

the p/u types are different , the male / female splines are opposite . female yoke comes from the rear , male shaft splines are from the front . just did one for my 69 d200 crew cab .

Thanks guys. I have also heard them called driveshaft support bearings.

moparfactoryparts.com/oem-parts

"Drive Shaft Center Bearing"

Glad I don't work at a parts counter anymore.

if you can get usa or jap bearings thats great , but if their made in mexico or china , buy two . they don't last . bearings are getting tough to find good ones . i'm in search of that tail stock bearing on the output shaft of the flange type 727 62-64 and its being a bear of a time , no one has good ones , and i was told by john cope transmissions that he saves the old one and just reuses them over and over . i hope you get a good one . save you the trouble of doing it again in your life time .

I need the whole thing. I will get the bearing retainer revulcanized to the bracket.

I need the whole thing. I will get the bearing retainer revulcanized to the bracket.
Goggle :Then and now auto in Mass. or Damper doc in Calif. They both Revulcaize the Center Support and Motor mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back