64 Chrysler not Imperial pw motors

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
asking for a friend
are right and left side Chrysler pw motors interchangeable ? front and rear ?
what years of motors work in a 64 ?
tx
mark

I believe the power window motors can switch side to side but wing vent motors are specific to each side. Also just FYI I have found that newer, like 80s and early 90s New Yorkers with the almost vertical back window and smaller motors will also work with the correct plugs spliced in the line..

asking for a friend
tx
mark
Hi, From what I recall on the resto of my '64 Shriner Imp convertible, yes, the fronts are the same side to side. I checked the '64 parts book and the same number appears. A different part number shows in the '65 book and I didn't check the '66 book. Go here for many manuals- MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information and you will find the site is great for free manual downloads. In the '64 book go to page 23-287 for a clearer understanding. I am not sure about the backs and fronts being alike....the best way to check is obvious...remove them. The removal of the rears in my Imp is a PITA because the seat has to come out. My rear lifts are slow, the fronts not much faster. Hope this helps a little!
IMG_6228.JPG

I believe the power window motors can switch side to side but wing vent motors are specific to each side. Also just FYI I have found that newer, like 80s and early 90s New Yorkers with the almost vertical back window and smaller motors will also work with the correct plugs spliced in the line..[/QUOT
asking for a friend
tx
mark
And I was referring to the main side glass but not the power vents....

tx but im asking about 64 chrysler pw motors, not imperial.
at this point we are looking for a good window motor for a 64 new yorker drivers pw.
it's case has cracked so its not repairable.
i will see if i can find a motor locally, thanks for that tip bildog !
luckily im good for 64 imp coupe & convert's pw and vent window motors.
(ive been told the 64-66 imps used pw motors that were not used in chryslers or other years of imps so theres no others that will interchange).
lovely shriner imp 300c, with my 64 imp convert i found that after i cleaned the window contacts and switches with contact cleaner and sprayed fluid film in the tracks helped speed them up noticeably.
i will check the mopar manuals link for info on the chrysler ones.
tx mark

tx but im asking about 64 chrysler pw motors, not imperial.
at this point we are looking for a good window motor for a 64 new yorker drivers pw.
it's case has cracked so its not repairable.
i will see if i can find a motor locally, thanks for that tip bildog !
luckily im good for 64 imp coupe & convert's pw and vent window motors.
(ive been told the 64-66 imps used pw motors that were not used in chryslers or other years of imps so theres no others that will interchange).
lovely shriner imp 300c, with my 64 imp convert i found that after i cleaned the window contacts and switches with contact cleaner and sprayed fluid film in the tracks helped speed them up noticeably.
i will check the mopar manuals link for info on the chrysler ones.
tx mark

DUH!!! Stupid me!@ That's what I get for answering late at night, Check that manual(s) for the part numbers. I actually bought additional motors for the Imperial power vent wings from Murray Park; he is very helpful. On the 300C because of age I opted for a rebuild on the right power window motor. It works but was expensive and with my XXL hands it was not easy working inside that door:BangHead:
Anyway, sorry for the mis-info. When I read '64 I thought of the IMP knowing full well "it ain't no Chrysler!" I'll try lubing those tracks, good idea. Good luck...that website is VERY helpful to have around! Thanks for your compliment, too!

bob

There are left and right and they are not interchangeable from side to side or at least that’s how they are in my 67.

Back