64 Imperial - IBM data card/broadcast sheet & body tag

marko

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
does anyone have pics of an IBM data card, broadcast sheet and body tag for the same 1964 Imperial they can share ?
64 Imp only please preferaby. there were changes in 65 on.
there is a group of us trying to decode the body tag option codes and we are working on 1964 at present......
thanks,
mark

As for order/model codes, www.hamtramck-historical.com. Click on "Library" on the left hand side. Then on the next page that comes up, click on the link to the 1964 model year. Next, click on the Pentastar on the "Dealer Data Books" line, for "1964".

That should result in a page by page listing of the Chrysler and Imperial Dealer Data Book. Scrool down to the bottom where the Imperial section is. Click on each page, then click to enlarge that page. Use the "back" arrow to get back to there and click on the next page. Cycle repeat.

Model codes, order codes, prices, etc. I suspect you'll find what you can use some of there.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I’ll reach out to get the card for mine but I don’t think I have a sheet for it.

As for order/model codes, www.hamtramck-historical.com. Click on "Library" on the left hand side. Then on the next page that comes up, click on the link to the 1964 model year. Next, click on the Pentastar on the "Dealer Data Books" line, for "1964".
That should result in a page by page listing of the Chrysler and Imperial Dealer Data Book. Scrool down to the bottom where the Imperial section is. Click on each page, then click to enlarge that page. Use the "back" arrow to get back to there and click on the next page. Cycle repeat.
Model codes, order codes, prices, etc. I suspect you'll find what you can use some of there.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

thanks, but that is not what im asking for.
im aware of the hamtramck site and it doesnt have that info.
Yet. :)
tx mark

Per the body tag decode, I presume you're talking about the Data Plate under the hood? If so, there are a couple of 1964 vintage Plymouth/Dodge restoration websites that have that sort of thing, surprisingly it also works for Chryslers too, it appears.

Otherwise, you might look around in the OnlineImperialClub website.

CBODY67

there is some on the 64 ply/ dodge sites but they dont have all the imperial options.
imperial club doesnt have the info listed in the same format as on the body tag, 3 digit numerical option codes yes, but not the 2 digit alpha numeric thats on the tag.
yet.
its the data plate option codes on the door jamb that we are researching,
lines 3 & 4 down. alpha numeric format.
for eg, G9 = auto headlight beam changer.

so we are looking for the 3 items - data card, broadcast sheet and body tag pics for the same car in the hope this will make things easier to decode.
tx mark

rosewood coupe.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know for sure that there is one in the car, you can get a photocopy of the ibm data card from chrysler historical once you prove ownership of the car in question, but im told the quality can be poor.

On our '66 Newport, the IBM card was in the owner's manual packet in the glove box. I would suspect earlier models were similar. What other "safe place" could they be placed for them to get to the dealer intact?

In another forum years ago, one guy complained as the copy of the IBM card he got from Chrysler Historical couldn't be read. With time, the print ink can become dim, BUT if you can find one, a high-megapixel electronic camera might recover it. Reason I say that is that I took some pictures of signatures in the old family Bible, which were barely legible. When I took the picture with a 15MP camera, they were much more visible and readable.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

its my understanding that now you get a photocopy of the ibm data card from chrysler historical.
im waiting for mine, hopefully it will be legible.....

its my understanding that now you get a photocopy of the ibm data card from chrysler historical.
im waiting for mine, hopefully it will be legible.....
When did you put in the request?

please teach me something.
what was the plastic certicard FOR that we used to find under the hoods of select cars?
it was in a little holder on the rad support facing the motor.
i remember for awhile i had like 5 of those cards laying around and all i can recall is they had owners names on them.
it seemed like an odd place to put a plastic card compared to the owners manual.

please teach me something.
what was the plastic certicard FOR that we used to find under the hoods of select cars?
it was in a little holder on the rad support facing the motor.
i remember for awhile i had like 5 of those cards laying around and all i can recall is they had owners names on them.
it seemed like an odd place to put a plastic card compared to the owners manual.
It was a quick reference card used when the car was brought to the dealership for service.

On a warranty repair order, the dealer put the card in a credit card-style fixture and ran the roller (in the mechanism) over the repair order (placed on top of the CertiCard) so that the owner's name and address would be imprinted on the multi-layer carbon papered repair order. Just like when you got gas with an oil company credit card, back then.

When the car was received at the dealership, when it was sold, the dealer used a Dymo Label Maker to affix the owner's name, address, and city onto the card. It was then kept in that holder you mentioned so that any warranty repair orders would have correct owner information on them.

Not just "select" cars, but ALL Chrysler products. I believe the cards were actually metal with the logos and such silk screened on them, front and back.

GM used a metal card that was affixed to a particular back page in the owner's manual. So EVERY warranty claim that was done, the dealer's employee had to get into the glove compartment to get the owner's manual out, put that page into the holder (mentioned above) and then make the imprint on the repair order. The owner's name and such were done as the Chrysler situation was done, with the Dymo Label Maker (which was pretty high tech for that time, and not as readily available as they came to be by the mid-'70s).

To me, the Chrysler "under the hood" orientation was better than how GM did things. The card and holder were in a place that was pretty well protected and not readily apparent unless you knew to look there. Just had to make sure they put it back in the holder!

Also, as the 5/50 warranty was in effect back then, and transferable to the 2nd owner (for a fee), the information on the card could be changed easily.

Hope this helps,
CBODY67

On a warranty repair order, the dealer put the card in a credit card-style fixture and ran the roller (in the mechanism) over the repair order (placed on top of the CertiCard) so that the owner's name and address would be imprinted on the multi-layer carbon papered repair order. Just like when you got gas with an oil company credit card, back then.

When the car was received at the dealership, when it was sold, the dealer used a Dymo Label Maker to affix the owner's name, address, and city onto the card. It was then kept in that holder you mentioned so that any warranty repair orders would have correct owner information on them.

Not just "select" cars, but ALL Chrysler products. I believe the cards were actually metal with the logos and such silk screened on them, front and back.

GM used a metal card that was affixed to a particular back page in the owner's manual. So EVERY warranty claim that was done, the dealer's employee had to get into the glove compartment to get the owner's manual out, put that page into the holder (mentioned above) and then make the imprint on the repair order. The owner's name and such were done as the Chrysler situation was done, with the Dymo Label Maker (which was pretty high tech for that time, and not as readily available as they came to be by the mid-'70s).

To me, the Chrysler "under the hood" orientation was better than how GM did things. The card and holder were in a place that was pretty well protected and not readily apparent unless you knew to look there. Just had to make sure they put it back in the holder!

Also, as the 5/50 warranty was in effect back then, and transferable to the 2nd owner (for a fee), the information on the card could be changed easily.

Hope this helps,
CBODY67
Certicards were moved to the back of the owners manual for 68 for sure. That's how it is in my Imperial.
I think 66 was the last year the certicard was under the hood? Anyone with a 67 chime in?

My '67s both have their originals under the hood.

If anyone is still tracking this thread, I have a decoder under testing. Below is what it came up with for the car in question. Questions/concerns/criticisms welcome.

64 Imp. Crown 2DHT for C Bodies.jpg

Back