65 300 interchangability? bumper , trunk and seats

sevilx

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy a 65 300, needs
-rear bumper
-trunk door
I was wondering if can get those parts from either 4 door or 2 door 66 or 65 newport or 300..

Also can the rear 4door style ; non head rest , bench seats replace the headrest style rear seats?

And how much does a paint job cost for the 300?
Full paint job , dashboard , door jams , engine bay tiny bit of body work , maybe even under the hood and trunk

Last edited:
Getting ready to buy a 65 300, needs
-rear bumper
-trunk door
I was wondering if can get those parts from either 4 door or 2 door 66 or 65 newport or 300..

Those parts are 65 only, but yes, 2dr, 4dr, doesn't matter. Can be 300, NY, or Newport.

Those parts are 65 only, but yes, 2dr, 4dr, doesn't matter. Can be 300, NY, or Newport.

Okay, I found a few part cars on craigslist.

Forgot to ask , how much does a paint job cost for the 300? Full paint job engine bay, door jams, and tiny body work (maybe we'll do it my self)

I want just stock black , i don't like how some cars look thick and glossy, want the paint to look thin metallic and stock. Idk is that bc they've been stripped to bare metal?

Kind of like this one
Screenshot_20180804-070805.png

The differences in visual appearance is usually the paint itself. Not the "thickness". Different paints do different things. If you are going with a color change, in a black or variant of black, with engine bay and door jambs, trunk, etc (so it all matches you're probably looking at $10-12K assuming little bodywork and depending on the paint/materials used.
Black is a special color - if the bodywork sucks it will look pretty bad so bear that in mind... It's also not an easy color to match and blend if it's original.

The differences in visual appearance is usually the paint itself. Not the "thickness". Different paints do different things. If you are going with a color change, in a black or variant of black, with engine bay and door jambs, trunk, etc (so it all matches you're probably looking at $10-12K assuming little bodywork and depending on the paint/materials used.
Black is a special color - if the bodywork sucks it will look pretty bad so bear that in mind... It's also not an easy color to match and blend if it's original.

I always assumed it would be in the 5-10k range ...
2k for a "quality" Maaco job .. not that I would buy that.

Back