65 4 Speed hump

RCB

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of their 65 fury 4 speed? I was reading that these were hurst shifters and had a square hump rather than the round ones in 66 on.

It's a square hole. Got one on the shelf I'll try remember to take some pics of for you.

Does anyone have photos of their 65 fury 4 speed? I was reading that these were hurst shifters and had a square hump rather than the round ones in 66 on.
your avatar shows a fury wagon. are you putting a 4 speed in it? if so awesome. my 66 is a round hump.

Yep. The fender tag was taken (it had the 383 commando as I understand it... i'll give the full story once I get it here and get more pics) so I'm just making it the way I want. It's more or less a shell and needs a lot of work but it's not utterly rotted. My intent is a stroked poly with tri power intake backed by a 833od. It will be a family cruiser more or less.

Yep. The fender tag was taken (it had the 383 commando as I understand it... i'll give the full story once I get it here and get more pics) so I'm just making it the way I want. It's more or less a shell and needs a lot of work but it's not utterly rotted. My intent is a stroked poly with tri power intake backed by a 833od. It will be a family cruiser more or less.
sweet keep us posted.

pick up a copy of mopar muscle april 2017. it has a buildup of a poly making 550 hp at 5800 rpm and 500 ft torque with a single four barrel . it uses an la block if yours needs too much work. check it out. good luck with your build.

Yes, I've already joined the poly group and have been talking up Gary and the members there on advice. Once I get my ducks in a row I'll post a project thread and you can understand the insanity I've just committed to. :)

Yes, I've already joined the poly group and have been talking up Gary and the members there on advice. Once I get my ducks in a row I'll post a project thread and you can understand the insanity I've just committed to. :)
lmao yupper

Okay, this is a hump I cut out of a 65 Fury, it's about all that was left of that poor car.
upload_2017-1-29_20-20-24.png

And without the remnants of the boot.
upload_2017-1-29_20-21-7.png

Wow, you weren't kidding. Even that hump looks like it barely escaped.

pick up a copy of mopar muscle april 2017. it has a buildup of a poly making 550 hp at 5800 rpm and 500 ft torque with a single four barrel . it uses an la block if yours needs too much work. check it out. good luck with your build.
I wonder how compatible a Magnum block would be under Poly heads. A late LA block could yield the roller cam capability also, but the Magnum bottom ends have some advantages over LA also (everyone touts the Magnum heads, but the blocks have advantages also).

BTW, if you commit to converting your wagon, you are welcome to come up and look at my 4-sp car, but I'm probably 1.5 hours north of you in 46033.

I will take you up on that! Probably be good to do before the mopar meet at the fairgrounds

Thanks for the pic. You've got the whole kit and caboodle. Did you do a 4sd swap?

just got it in a late christmas present for myself . redoing a 67 300 rag and a 65 880 rag . thinking the 880 would be cool ride with a 426 wedge with a four on the floor in her , even with the wrong shifter hole .

Back