WANTED 65 - 66 Town & Country / Newport / NY'er Wagon 9 Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIwagon

Reaction score
Contact seller
I just missed out on a really nice white one down in Alabama that was on par with this one

1966-chrysler-town-and-country.jpg

1966 Chrysler Town and Country | Orlando Classic Cars

It doesn't have to be that perfect but not far. I'm in a dozen mopar facebook groups, have auto searches scouring the web, and I'm watching ebay. Ive seen the brown one in OH and the white one out in OR and neither fit the bill.

Musts:
9 pass
Nice interior/exterior color

Ideally:
round instrument cluster
a/c
front disc conversion
auto

UPDATE on preferred colors:
white blue silver green black turquoise grey

I don't mind an adventure ride home back to Rhode Island 02879 so any location in the lower 48 is fine. If you find a really nice one feel free to post it here and I will paypal/venmo $100 if I end up buying one that you found/I missed (honor code).

Last edited:
might be a long shot but the 25k one in Cali might be available still...the dude is trying to sell a '65 300 L and in CL his posts... also includes pictures of his other cars....one of them being...
00c0c_1dVJAYdztsO_0CI0lN_1200x900.jpg
01010_91pipVcGggm_0CI0lN_1200x900.jpg
01515_3t0CWiixixS_0CI0lN_1200x900.jpg

if that car is long gone then I don't even why TF he would include it in the posts...

might be a long shot but the 25k one in Cali might be available still...the dude is trying to sell a '65 300 L and in CL his posts... also includes pictures of his other cars....one of them being...
View attachment 432111 View attachment 432112 View attachment 432113
if that car is long gone then I don't even why TF he would include it in the posts...

Ill give him a buzz....pics are marked 2012 so who knows what the deal is now...I will post any results

9 passenger is urban myth.
they are 8 passenger, count the seat belts.
yes, you can stuff more than 8 in.......

9 passenger is urban myth.
they are 8 passenger, count the seat belts.
yes, you can stuff more than 8 in.......

I just meant I want the rear seat which we will use to park by the beach and enjoy ocean front picnics

I just missed out on a really nice white one down in Alabama that was on par with this one

View attachment 432104

1966 Chrysler Town and Country | Orlando Classic Cars

It doesn't have to be that perfect but not far. I'm in a dozen mopar facebook groups, have auto searches scouring the web, and I'm watching ebay. Ive seen the brown one in OH and the white one out in OR and neither fit the bill.

Musts:
9 pass
Nice interior/exterior color

Ideally:
round instrument cluster
a/c
front disc conversion
auto

I don't mind an adventure ride home back to Rhode Island 02879 so any location in the lower 48 is fine. If you find a really nice one feel free to post it here and I will paypal/venmo $100 if I end up buying one that you found/I missed (honor code).
I have a driving 65 New Yorker wagon, 413, drum brakes 3 seat, w AC. Does have some rust spots popping up
I'm not looking to sell, however money can convince me:) I don't think mines as nice as you want tho

IMG_20200527_103243941.jpg

I have a driving 65 New Yorker wagon, 413, drum brakes 3 seat, w AC. Does have some rust spots popping up
I'm not looking to sell, however money can convince me:) I don't think mines as nice as you want tho

View attachment 432254

Appreciate the message....I guess if I am going to pry one away from someone not selling it will need to be closer to my end goal

What is your motivation for a 66 Town and Country? I'm interested...

FWIW, I'm not motivated to sell, but real money talks. Real money, not For C Bodies Only money. This is likely a one of one Canadian car with the options and history. Located in Scotland Ontario Canada (near Brantford).

I have a 1966 Chrysler Town and Country 9 passenger. Ordered as a Dealer Demonstrator in Reginal Saskatchewan. Survivor, (60% original paint), factory 2 tone, 440 TNT, Dual AC, Autopilot, Search Tuner radio, Sentinel lighting. Year correct upgrades include Suregrip, Tilt/Tele, upgraded to disc brakes, search tuner radio converted to factory 1967 AM/FM search tuner using 66 faceplate (one could never tell), Kilo Speedo out of Finland, custom made Kilo Autopilot dial to match. Much work done, running and driving car. High mileage but truly loved and well maintained car. Everything works. Rust behind rear wheels, hardly noticeable. More info on request.

Was featured in 2016 in the Survivor display at Carlisle.

Comes with many NOS and stockpiled hard to find parts, including 4 yards of the correct material to do the front seat with.

Not perfect, but you could do a lot worse.

Engine pic taken prior to disc upgrade. Now has the correct disc booster and dual res master, and custom linkage to retain functional Autopilot.
440 engine view.jpg
kilo autopilot dial.jpg
pass front 3_4.jpg
pass rear 3_4.jpg
pass side.jpg
rear end.jpg
rear facing seat view.jpg
speedo closeup.jpg
wagon pass rear 3_4 jpeg.JPG
WagonMay2010 1.JPG

FWIW, I'm not motivated to sell, but real money talks. Real money, not For C Bodies Only money. This is likely a one of one Canadian car with the options and history. Located in Scotland Ontario Canada (near Brantford).

I have a 1966 Chrysler Town and Country 9 passenger. Ordered as a Dealer Demonstrator in Reginal Saskatchewan. Survivor, (60% original paint), factory 2 tone, 440 TNT, Dual AC, Autopilot, Search Tuner radio, Sentinel lighting. Year correct upgrades include Suregrip, Tilt/Tele, upgraded to disc brakes, search tuner radio converted to factory 1967 AM/FM search tuner using 66 faceplate (one could never tell), Kilo Speedo out of Finland, custom made Kilo Autopilot dial to match. Much work done, running and driving car. High mileage but truly loved and well maintained car. Everything works. Rust behind rear wheels, hardly noticeable. More info on request.

Comes with many NOS and stockpiled hard to find parts, including 4 yards of the correct material to do the front seat with.

Engine pic taken prior to disc upgrade. Now has the correct disc booster and dual res master, and custom linkage to retain functional Autopilot.
View attachment 432313 View attachment 432314 View attachment 432315 View attachment 432316 View attachment 432317 View attachment 432318 View attachment 432319 View attachment 432320 View attachment 432321 View attachment 432322

Very cool example and thank you for sharing it. I am guessing with corona a border crossing would be difficult and I've never been through the process to bring a car over/register from outside the US. That said, Ive always wanted to see the Niagara Falls. Those complications and the fact that I like the red but dont love it mean I likely wouldn't be able to pry it away.

I guess I'm a white blue silver green black turquoise grey kinda guy.

Also for reference for everyone this is the one I just missed which besides tickin all the boxes I mentioned also had heads, cam, exhaust, and a bunch of other things refreshed

This went for $22k in a pre-pandemic auction
1966 Chrysler Town And Country Wagon | L91 | Kissimmee 2019 | Mecum Auctions

View attachment 432313 View attachment 432314 View attachment 432315 View attachment 432316 View attachment 432317 View attachment 432318 View attachment 432319 View attachment 432320 View attachment 432321 View attachment 432322
hadn't seen this red wagon before - beautiful.

Got ahold of the owner....yes he is selling though it isnt cheap as the car is optioned to the gills. I will post more info once I get it and can make an informed decision but who knows....I may owe you a hundo.

So the owner promised photos more recent than the 2012 ones posted. Seemed really nice on the phone. Apparently liquidating some of his 130 vehicles. Never got anymore photos of the interior or under the hood. I sent him a list of a bunch of sold 65 and 66 of which some were in the 20s and he seemed to get offended. Sent me the equivalent of "don't low ball me....I know what I got" before we even talked about a price.

I am sure for enough money it is for sale but I can't get him to name a price or send pics. That and the black with maroon interior has a hearse vibe when ideally I want a beach cruiser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back