65 Chrysler 300 project

Lieggi26

Reaction score
As a kid all I wanted to do was work on old car with my dad. my dad and I are mechanic's. Now that my dad has passed away I will finish this car the way it should be its going to take me many of years to do it. but right now I'm just trying to find the parts I need.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

024.jpg

It looks like a pretty good starting point. As you dig into the car and start researching, let me know if you have any questions. I took my '65 300 'vert just about all the way down so I've got some experience with '65's.

Good luck on your project! Your dad would be proud!

Nice car! That’s one of the best looking dash/instrument clusters ever designed in my book!

Great color, love the red interior too. Good luck finding everything you need for the restoration. Patience goes a long way with our c-bodies, don't let a a couple missing items discourage from the restoration, they will eventually pop up for you.

Great color, love the red interior too. Good luck finding everything you need for the restoration. Patience goes a long way with our c-bodies, don't let a a couple missing items discourage from the restoration, they will eventually pop up for you.

Good advice, Mike! Your clips will definitely help him!

The paint is available thru PPG distributors.
Provide the code and they can blend it for you. If there's a clean, non faded panel (inside the trunk lid etc) that will give you an exact match. I took the trunk lid off of my ' '66 so they could computer match it.

Should I keep the interior the same red color or go black? I'm going to do the exterior color from the factory. And I was thinking that the headliner and sunvisors are white keep them original and the seats and dash original and black rug and seat belts since there is belts. Lol what do you think about that? All info is good info. Just trying to figure out what I want and what looks right.

Keep it all the original colors. I will own a car with a red interior, I love the look.

You already have all the major items in red, and you door panels look in good shape. You will be able to get red seat covers when you get to that stage.

Scott show him some of your interior shots that will sell the red in my book.

Should I keep the interior the same red color or go black? I'm going to do the exterior color from the factory. And I was thinking that the headliner and sunvisors are white keep them original and the seats and dash original and black rug and seat belts since there is belts. Lol what do you think about that? All info is good info. Just trying to figure out what I want and what looks right.

It's hard to bring it back once you go with an new colour...

I have always preferred original due to the artist flare of the day.

Everybody has black.
The red color will make it look nice. I could be biased though.

image.jpg

Keep it all the original colors. I will own a car with a red interior, I love the look.

You already have all the major items in red, and you door panels look in good shape. You will be able to get red seat covers when you get to that stage.

Scott show him some of your interior shots that will sell the red in my book.

Hold my beer, I got this...

34987717883_8725200fbb_b.jpg

34987718373_51474a0b6f_b.jpg

35628043912_5e240452b5_b.jpg

35797605035_848efd847d_b.jpg

35665396361_1b4fcc1b69_b.jpg

35797597015_d49c6397ed_b.jpg

Get ready to spend some $$$. IMO, don't cut corners on the interior. It's where you will spend most of your time and you don't ever want to get behind the wheel and think I shoulda, coulda, woulda. I've got over $8K in my interior alone and I did most the work. Then again, my starting point was much, much worse than yours.

35797603595_5f59e86bb4.jpg

Last edited:
Back